• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

MJ: Sack or back?

Should MJ be sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't like the idea of Grayson. Definitely a manager on the way down.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Grayson didn’t cover himself in glory in that Sunderland documentary but as RLC suggests he’s a bit of a yesterday’s man. Don’t think he’s had any success in recent years

Player
ian goodison
another manager who as fast as he falls off the managers merry-go-round is back on it 5mins later

overthewater

Player
chris malkin
so who comes in could the Cowleys be the ones could we afford or even entice them to do it. there will be loads of managers out there but we need to get this right can't afford to mess this one up or we could be in the relegation places soon

another manager who as fast as he falls off the managers merry-go-round is back on it 5mins later
Only in football management can you consistently under-achieve but still find work. Grayson got Preston promoted in 2015 and has nothing on his CV since. Doesn't strike me as the most inspiring character either. Will be interested in hearing Mark's rationale for appointing him if this rumour is true. If it's because he's available, MP should be asking why

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
Doesnt necessarily have to be a 'name'. Look at the job the guy at Crawley is doing. We need someone with the right approach and style of play that will compliment our squad. I would love to see a progressive younger type given the role as some of these names mentioned are so out of touch with the modern game.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I can't see us going for a young, inexperienced manager, as that is the gamble we took with Jackson.

Player
ian goodison
I think picking a manager is one of the hardest decisions to make we could throw 30+ names in the hat and every one would in its own way would be a gamble,

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, it's always a gamble, and apart from Micky, we haven't have the greatest record with managers over the years. Brabin, Edwards, Jackson..
We need to try and find someone in the mold of Mellon who is a good man manager who can get the best out of the players and has some kind of tactical awareness. They need to have that spark and emotion though. Jackson and his assistant lacked any kind of spark and emotion and I think that rubbed off on the players.

Player
aldo
I don,t think that would happen even with a 20% pay cut is prob on more than we where paying him

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Certainly for the remainder of this season we need a manager who is motivational and tactically astute. Some of the skills for which managers are lauded, such as the ability to spot a player and build a team, are redundant since whoever comes in will probably have to operate with this group of players for the remainder of the season. That suggests we need a very experienced manager and any kind of rookie could lead to disaster. Whoever comes in has actually got a decent bunch of players and the opportunity for a dramatic improvement to improve their CV.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Wirral Globe article suggesting maybe a short term appointment is in MP's mind - makes sense if we could get in a Atkins or Clough etc. in without a massive financial outlay given COVID etc. and also for them leaves them available if something "bigger" come up?

Player
Jonny Morrisey
The dream for me would be the Cowleys or Paul Cooke.....nobody else would excite me I have to say. Given that we're unlikely to get either of those, I look forward to being underwhelmed and hopefully proven wrong. In the Palios we trust!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Thanks RLC.
The players were still playing for the manager! Christ, that makes it worse for me.

So I am right in thinking that Jacko was the only candidate interviewed?