• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

MJ: Sack or back?

Should MJ be sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Player
aldo
so who comes in could the Cowleys be the ones could we afford or even entice them to do it. there will be loads of managers out there but we need to get this right can't afford to mess this one up or we could be in the relegation places soon

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
so who comes in could the Cowleys be the ones could we afford or even entice them to do it. there will be loads of managers out there but we need to get this right can't afford to mess this one up or we could be in the relegation places soon
No chance we get them, i personally would go for Mcgreal

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
MP makes a valid point that if this season is cut short as well, we really do not have the luxury of time. Hope he gets it right this time.

Player
aldo
that is right we need someone who has got history and will kick some balls some of the players need em kicking

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Another thing for me , as poor as Jacko has been then he has also been badly let down by the players who have not performed at all and at times have seemed to accept defeat far too easily.
A number of then have visibly been coasting in the last couple of games.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A sad day for the club. Jacko was a leader as a player and did a great job as assistant to Micky and first team coach. He’s not the first number 2 to find life difficult as the number 1 and he won’t be the last. He deserved the chance and I hope he gets another job in football soon.

numerous names mentioned As a replacement but you wonder whether MP didn’t want to miss out on anyone who may go to Mansfield.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Morris was laughing and joking with Pringle when he came off which I found somewhat annoying after that performance.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Morris was laughing and joking with Pringle when he came off which I found somewhat annoying after that performance

disappointing to hear that. Morris like many others has underperformed this season and he must have known Jackos job was on the line after that result

What hasn’t helped Jacko is not only the results but the manner of the performances. Massive gaps between the lines, strikers isolated, 1 up front or 2 plus all those first half substitutions didn’t cast him in a good light.

Player
Manager
John King
I think Morris is lacking confidence and direction, but I would not say he is the biggest culprit.

Player
aldo
at the end of the day, we need someone who can set good examples and can get the players fighting for the badge and the club no bulls@iting about and no piss taking some of the lads need a rocket up there butts. who takes charge for Tuesday now is the time for some of the players to step up or FK off. and Spearing is one of em useless sofar

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
McGreal was not popular at Colchester and I am not convinced by him to be honest. I think we need someone with genuine credentials, like Tisdale, Flitcroft or Hill.
I would be a bit wary of Tisdale, as post pandemic we are going to need a manager who can build a rapport with the fans, which will buy them some time when things aren’t going smoothly.

Wonder what the arrangements will be for Tuesday, as it’s unlikely we’ll have a new boss in place by then. Parky? Or one of the players like Clarke as player manager?

Player
aldo
so Parkinson and the assistant are to take charge of Tuesday. really hope Parkinson can do it quick has Managed the youth at the club for A few years now and Deserves a chance. but we still need a manager who can demand the respect of the players and sort some of them out.

Player
ian goodison
thanks AM for info regarding tues didn,t realise the assistant was still here with 2 games this week was thinking Clarke may have been asked for his imput/assistance

Player
Manager
John King
Richard Garnett has Tweeted that he believes the new manager may already have been lined up and could be in place on Tuesday.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Someone quite in the know on another ste days Simon Grayson is in the running.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Someone quite in the know on another ste days Simon Grayson is in the running.
I'd hope not, it seems like a Micky Adams part 2 appointment.

If RLCs quoted source is correct that would suggest either someone Mark knows pretty well, (another return of Ronnie Moore?) or that feelers were put out in advance of today's game.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I'd hope not, it seems like a Micky Adams part 2 appointment.

If RLCs quoted source is correct that would suggest either someone Mark knows pretty well, (another return of Ronnie Moore?) or that feelers were put out in advance of today's game.
Not that I would want Grayson but Ronnie Moore no way.