• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

MJ: Sack or back?

Should MJ be sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

drwhoman

I think the continuity was more focused on the ethos of the club as I remember Mark commenting on this at the time. It was a big thing for MP and rightly so. Micky was a master at this. He made sure everyone at the club knew what it meant to be part of Tranmere Rovers but he was also a very good people person and manager (remember those people calling for his head not so long ago, you should always be careful what you wish for!).

I've no doubt MJ spoke very well at the interview, the ethos was there and they may have talked tactics for hours but ultimately the proof is in the pudding and that pudding is well off! MP must have knew the risks on punting for an unproven manager, some say the cheap, easy option but I don't think anyone envisaged it to be this bad.

I can't work out what is going on with MJ and the players. Do they just not respect him or like him enough to perform or are they just simply confused at what he wants them to do? I can't believe a team of professionals can be that bad over 90 minutes.
Re your final para Ian. Good question! Oh to be a fly on the wall!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think the continuity was more focused on the ethos of the club as I remember Mark commenting on this at the time. It was a big thing for MP and rightly so. Micky was a master at this. He made sure everyone at the club knew what it meant to be part of Tranmere Rovers but he was also a very good people person and manager (remember those people calling for his head not so long ago, you should always be careful what you wish for!).

I've no doubt MJ spoke very well at the interview, the ethos was there and they may have talked tactics for hours but ultimately the proof is in the pudding and that pudding is well off! MP must have knew the risks on punting for an unproven manager, some say the cheap, easy option but I don't think anyone envisaged it to be this bad.

I can't work out what is going on with MJ and the players. Do they just not respect him or like him enough to perform or are they just simply confused at what he wants them to do? I can't believe a team of professionals can be that bad over 90 minutes.
I agree about the ethos, but you would think that playing style and tactics would at least have been discussed in depth.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Only rumours but some were saying that the likes of Clarke were arguing with Jacko from the pitch on Tuesday. I guess bringing in all the experience we did can be a positive but it means for a young rookie manager your going to have experienced pros making it clear if they don’t agree with you.

clarke who has played over 700 games won’t have had many starts to the season where the manager openly accepts his starting 11 is wrong by making so many first half changes to his personnel or tactics. Clarke must be scratching his head as to what he is seeing in front of him.

pauk cook rumoured to be discussions with Mansfield. I’m guessing they may have the funds to attract him.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Only rumours but some were saying that the likes of Clarke were arguing with Jacko from the pitch on Tuesday. I guess bringing in all the experience we did can be a positive but it means for a young rookie manager your going to have experienced pros making it clear if they don’t agree with you.

clarke who has played over 700 games won’t have had many starts to the season where the manager openly accepts his starting 11 is wrong by making so many first half changes to his personnel or tactics. Clarke must be scratching his head as to what he is seeing in front of him.

pauk cook rumoured to be discussions with Mansfield. I’m guessing they may have the funds to attract him.
Where did you hear about Cook ?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Just the usual sources I.e online and in the paper. You would think from his perspective it’s worth a chat with them to see what they are offering

ADD

Player
Norwood

Wouldn't surprise me if that was the case Sparky. Also and it may have been the camera angle and it cut away but it looked like Rides and Jackson blanked each other when he was subbed on Tuesday.

Player
aldo
if the dressing room has gone then it's only a matter of time if he has lost the players think we are in for a really hard few weeks till MP takes action. I've never seen the Forums all in agreement over something like this in years surely they must see it, I do respect mike. and I would hate for it to end horribly for him he has been part of history at our amazing club would be better if he just walked away and keep the respect of the fans

Reactions: Ian
Player
ian goodison
I,m sure IF he does walk away AM he will be looking to be paid the remainder of his contract

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I was under the impression if he walked, he would get nothing which is why it rarely happens. If he is sacked however, dont they have to pay off his contract?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think he is on a rolling contract, so not much of a settlement involved even if he is sacked.

drwhoman

Ian talked in an earlier post as to whether the issue was lack of respect, given Jacko’s inexperience, or his tactics. It may well be a bit of both. There will be senior professionals rolling their eyes at what is going on. It is the one thing to make first half subs the odd once but it seems to be happening more often which seems quite odd. Either the Manager has not done his homework on the opposition or the players are not doing what they were asked to do. Any professional would feel a certain humiliation if subbed in the first half while uninjured and this would not help the situation.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Feel sorry for Mike Jackson but he was hopelessly out of his depth.

Player
aldo
yes really feel for him he is an assistant that's all. They need to get this right who I'm not sure, but we need to get this right

Player
ian goodison
never like to see anyone get the sack no matter what job they do but in all honesty we could not carry on as we are at the minute, big task now for mark to hopefully get the right man in