• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Midfield Duo?

Who do you think should be our midfield duo?

• McAteer & Jennings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • McAteer & Harrison

• Rankine & Jennings

• Rankine & Harrison

• Jennings & Harrison

• bring back Loran & Jones

• Total voters

DixieDean

assuming we keep playing 4-4-2, who would you have as your midfield duo?

C

championship_here_we_come

Rankine & Jennings
harrison is sh1te imo
mcataer is past it should be moved on to a coaching role

C

championship_here_we_come

bring back Loran & Jones lol good idea

my selection is therefore loran and jennings

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Jennings & Harrison deffo. By the sounds of it one thing our midfield needs is young legs... so let's start with these two in the centre at Huddersfield. Also don't forget when these two had a spell together we won 2 games out of the 2 they played together. Think it was the Chesterfield and Swindon games.

M

Matthew The Rover

Jennings and Harrison as I have said since August 6th. We have won our only games with those two together, yet Little insists on not playing them together :?

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
jennings and harrison are magnificent with all do respect to macca and ranks i prefer harrison and jenno.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Bit of a mixed bag with this question.
I'm going to go for the young guns. More energy and quicker legs.

McAteer really doesn't have what it takes anymore. Rankine still tries hard but you can see he's in his last season. Let's leave it to the successors.

Jennings battles hard, whilst Harrison IMO is a good player in midfield despite what people may say.

DixieDean

championship_here_we_come said:
bring back Loran & Jones lol good idea

my selection is therefore loran and jennings

they come as a package i'm afraid :)

it would have to be rankine and jennings for me. mcateer hasn't got it, has he ever had it? wot does harrison do,and why is he even thought of as a 1st team player? and why did little release loran, cos he was by far our best midfielder who was really a defender?!

M

Matthew The Rover

Coincidence Loran is an option here, as on Saturday I said to the person behind me "we are really missing Laron for his skill and his fighting for the ball in there"

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Johnny King is God said:
mcateer and whitmore
this is picking your best two; not worst two mate! :lol: :wink:

Very easily if am honest mate. can you convince me to change my mind? i bet you jose mourinho will be our manager before you can convince me otherwise,if at all :!:

M

Matthew The Rover

Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
Very easily if am honest mate. can you convince me to change my mind? i bet you jose mourinho will be our manager before you can convince me otherwise,if at all :!:

Since Little arrived at the club, Harrison has transformed from a very poor, young and raw League One player, to an above average one, who still has potential to improve. Harrison has improved in nearly all aspects of his game, but mainly in stanima, control, tackling and passing. Much better than the likes of Whitmore and McAteer who can't be arsed.

DixieDean

It's interesting to see that currently, Rankine only appears in a third of people's choices. Am I right in thinking last season he'd have been the first name on the teamsheet? How things change. The guy just looks so tired and slow now.

I do remember him starting last season like that and then he just seemed to get better and better. Hope history repeats....