• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Micky

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Is currently offs on to be the next Dundee United manager, doesn't always mean a lot but he is also.mentioned on the BBC sport website in connection with it.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Hopefully it is just a repeat of the St Mirren rumours. The last thing we need.....

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Doesn't make sense to me. Why would you leave a club where you have an excellent owner and great fans? Maybe he's got disillusioned with the recent setback and maybe there's a much better salary on offer. He would be very difficult to replace.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
There seem to be a few in the frame for the Dundee Utd job. The Scots top flight is supposed to be resuming in August, so may be better for any manager than kicking your heels. On BBTC's point, does anyone know how well Micky and Mark get on? It would be hard to find a better fit as our manager than Micky.

Player
Manager
John King
They get on well, but Mark has always said he would not stand in his way if he got a better offer. Whether Dundee United is a better offer is debatable.

ADD

Player
Norwood
He was never 5/1 ON for the other jobs. His odds coming in as well.
Billy McKinley is next at 6/1 Bookies don't always get it right but even so it's a big move. Dundee forum seems to think Micky would be a safe pair of hands.
Coincidence that Big Steve is leaving York? I wonder!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well at least we are getting back to some normality. The rumour mill is open again!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
If Micky were to move on [and I agree it’s debatable Dundee Utd is a better move] think we would have to go with experience. It’s not the time for giving rookie managers a shot.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes but with experience comes money and who knows what’ll be left in the kitty. I do agree though Boz.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Scottish Sun says we have given permission for Micky to talk to them....

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Agreed, RLC. MP's record in choosing managers has been mixed (one success out of three).

It will be up to the Tangerines' owner to persuade Micky that the club has potential not only to get into the SPL but also to challenge for Europe. If not, surely why would he want to move home and take the risk?

drwhoman

In this day and age the Scottish League is a second tier league and Managers tend to come and go depending on the whims of the owners who are a mixed bag. A long way to go and uproot your family if it does not work out. Still - he is probably pissed off with the EFL and I do not blame him. A lot of hard work just thrown in the bin by Parry and his mates. We will see!

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Dundee United are a relatively "big" club in Scotland with average attendances similar to ours, although these would certainly increase playing SPL football. Any decent club in that league has a chance to pick up a Europa League place which would be an attraction. It would be bad timing if he left but that could have been said at any point over the last 3 seasons. That said, any new manager would come in here with a reasonable core who are contracted and some time to consider options due the impact of the current crisis. Like any other manager (or player), if MM he has "done his time" he wouldn't be giving 100% and would be best for all to move on amicably. I hope this isn't the case, the rumours are just rumours and he is 100% committed to taking Rovers back into L1!

Player
Manager
John King
I broadly agree with ONIGP. Dundee United are a big club historically who have beaten the Glasgow clubs to league titles and played in European finals in the past. While the general standard of the SPL is poor, it is a much higher profile division than League Two and can serve as a bridge to the EPL / Championship for ambitious managers (cf. Gerrard at Rangers).

In addition to which, Micky must be demoralised after events of the last few weeks. He probably feels he has more than proved his ability at League Two level now and deserves a crack at a higher standard.

I will be gutted to see him go, as I think he is the second best manager in our history and my favourite Tranmere manager in decades. However, I don't begrudge him a move after what he has done for us.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I've been told its a done deal he is going and the fitness coach akso, Jacko apparently unsure. I hop e what I've been told is wrong but I think it's true. Could wezll.be an internal replacement.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
An internal replacement? Nobody springs to mind.

ADD

Player
Norwood
An internal replacement? Nobody springs to mind.
I assume BigMart means Jacko himself if he doesn't go.... or Clarke as Player manager - with Big Steve back?