• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Micky

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
there does not appear to e a time for it that I can see, I think it is on facebook. Could be an update on if we intend to take legal action or not and that we are in the process of going through candidates for the managers job.
If there's any further bad news coming I might just hibernate for the remainder of Summer!

Player
aldo
I get a feeling Connor might do one with mm he is out of contract wonder if he might get cook and Vaughan could be heading that way. rumours are mammy might be going there as well. but a fee would be needed with that, ohhhh we need cheering up. maybe the tooth fairy could be the new boss

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't think Jackson is management material. It's just a feel I get but he may be happy staying as assistant to the boss. I'd hate to be in MP shoes trying to fill Micky's boots, it's hard enough as it is. I do believe there is a certain amount of luck involved too. They either gel or they don't at clubs. There is no hard and fast rule.
Yes, both Adams and Brabin looked like good appointments on paper, particularly Adams. I think Mark Palios described appointing a manager as a 'complete lottery'........

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Adams started quite well too, for all that it ended in tears. Brabin’s reluctance to engage with the fans meant that he was cut much less slack, though negative formations didn’t help. While we’ll be lucky to get as good a communicator as Micky, in what might turn out to be a challenging season, we don’t need someone who’s aloof...unless their managerial skills are out of this world!

Player
Manager
John King
MP's statement is now on the website. Apparently we have already had a lot of applications.

drwhoman

Yes, I’m one of them. My football manager skills are immense! :D
Nice one Ian! There will be many applications. Sadly, many People, including football professionals, need a job! The hard part is finding someone with the coaching and man management skills to get the job done. It also needs to be someone who can relate to the fans who have been a huge part of the club’s recent success. I say that as someone who has not been to a game for five years! Oz is a bit far to commute!

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I remember a few years ago when a Burnley fan applied for the Blackburn vacancy, promising back to back relegations. He was actually shortlisted for interview; it was hilarious!

Player
aldo
I have applied to my CV on champ manager is amazing lol. but in all seriousness, it will be an exciting few weeks what with the new boss and waiting to hear abt next season and players something to look forward to.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Lol. No. It was actually James McDonough. Quite amusing and worth a 5 minute google.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Stephen Frail announced as his assistant.
Another Rovers connection. They were together at PP for a season at the end of the century. Apart from two years with us, Frail spent the rest of his playing career in Scotland and most of his coaching work has been north of the border so he will know the SPL well.

Player
Manager
John King
I liked Frail as a player, but he was permanently injured when he was here.

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Haha, unfortunately yes ONIGP. Very neat player blighted by injuries. Shame..