• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Micky

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
£120k doesn’t sound that much, though don’t know what the going rate is for manager compensation. At least Micky did it the right way for us, some would resign and start their new job a few days later.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
£120k doesn’t sound that much, though don’t know what the going rate is for manager compensation. At least Micky did it the right way for us, some would resign and start their new job a few days later.
Guessing it would be something akin to annual salary, but I may be well off beam.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Sad news but 120k will help in filling the financial black hole. My money is on Parkinson for continuity and also a reasonable pay packet. No need to pay for Managers from elsewhere or the out of work. As has been said before, anyone from outside will have their own views on players and playing formations. If Parkinson were to continue Micky's policies then disruption will be minimised at a time when we are disrupted enough care of Mr Parry. Shame he and his boys stuffed up big time on Wigan! LOL).
I wonder if there is a scenario where MM doesn't take Jackson and Parky is appointed? That could be a really tough one on Jackson.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Sad news but 120k will help in filling the financial black hole. My money is on Parkinson for continuity and also a reasonable pay packet. No need to pay for Managers from elsewhere or the out of work. As has been said before, anyone from outside will have their own views on players and playing formations. If Parkinson were to continue Micky's policies then disruption will be minimised at a time when we are disrupted enough care of Mr Parry. Shame he and his boys stuffed up big time on Wigan! LOL).
Couldn’t agree more. Thanks for saving me a long post!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am not convinced it will be an internal appointment. MP has not had much time to consider his options yet.

Player
aldo
don,t think the club will or has to rush into things we don,t know when the season will be starting and mm was on the same as us all so the club was not paying him over the last 3 months. so what to do get a new man in and start planning or wait to save the cash and do it in a month or so. its a hard judge meant. let's hope its the right appointment whoever it might be

Player
aldo
the Dundee forum saying mammy is going to them. hope not it just needs to be confirmed now then we can get over it and move on

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I think Jacko may fancy a crack at it thinking he may have earned his stripes as a number 2 for so long. I was reading an interview with Jack Grimmer who Micky had on loan at Shrewsbury who said "His coach Michael Jackson does a lot of the training and the tactics stuff and the gaffer, as managers do, oversees it all"

I'm sure that's the case at many clubs but if for personal reasons JAcko doesn't want to move up north, and wonders if a new gaffer may bring his own staff in, his best chance of continue doing employment could be as our number one.

Interestingly Micky Is now linked with the Bristol city Job who he joined as a 16 year old and moved away from home. That would be to an established championship side so could be a pull but it may be too late now.

Also most of mickeys success has been promoting sides with expectations of challenging. Whereas he could be in a struggling side so will be interesting how it plays out.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

Big part of the last 4/5 great years gone but we move on..
Good luck MP with finding a replacement.

I hope Micky is a success in Scotland, he deserves it, great manager.

Player
aldo
agree good luck to him. now let us move on and we need the right man in and quick. no dog s$%t

ADD

Player
Norwood
Interesting press release.... what do others think?
To me a bit on the terse side - just disappointment perhaps or maybe a degree of disagreement?
Most depressingly of all no mention whatsover of any court action and seeming acceptance we are in L2... so I guess all that talk was just that.... real shame! We have been treated appallingly.

Player
Manager
John King
Interesting press release.... what do others think?
To me a bit on the terse side - just disappointment perhaps or maybe a degree of disagreement?
Most depressingly of all no mention whatsover of any court action and seeming acceptance we are in L2... so I guess all that talk was just that.... real shame! We have been treated appallingly.
No, I did not think so. I think Nicola's recent tweet shows the degree of respect there is between the Palioses and Mellon.

They appreciate what he has done for the club as much as we do. Or at least, 99.9% of us........

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I though it was interesting that Mark said we are fairly.well.advanced in planning a very competitive squad for next season, suggests we have some.plsyers.lined up.

drwhoman

Big part of the last 4/5 great years gone but we move on..
Good luck MP with finding a replacement.

I hope Micky is a success in Scotland, he deserves it, great manager.
Absolutely right RLC. Fingers crossed for his replacement. Choosing the right Manager is always a bit of a lottery. Unfortunately, MM will get stick up there if things do not pan out. He is not one of the Scottish football mafia!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I thought it was a reasonable press statement from the Palioi in respect to Micky. Nobody wants to lose a quality manager, especially one who's as good a fit for a club as Micky and Rovers. Can't blame them for feeling disappointed; it's another issue to address in the context of the covid and demotion inflicted financial issues, but suspect they could have made things much harder for Micky to go and the fact that they didn't is a reflection of their respect for the man. Hope that it works out for Micky north of the border.

On ADDs point, about legal action on demotion, that was always unlikely, particularly if Rovers were the sole litigant against the EFL and now that the Hearts/Partick matter has been deemed unsuitable for determination the courts.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I though it was interesting that Mark said we are fairly.well.advanced in planning a very competitive squad for next season, suggests we have some.plsyers.lined up.

I wasn't sure what to make of that. A few weeks ago, the only out of contract player we'd gone on record as offering a deal to was Danny Walker-Rice. Jennings and Ellis are two we should be trying to retain, yet nothing more heard on that front. A new manager may have ideas of their own on who to bring in, so probably there won't be much happening until Micky's replacement is in post.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
So sad micky has left. Really hope it goes well for him - he’s moving Up their from his Fleetwood base so clearly a big decision.

I just hope That he starts well as you can imagine if they started the season badly, would be be given much time by the fans and the club? Especially as it took them 4 years to get back to the SPL. Let’s hope it works out.

as for a replacement. I’d go for someone like cook or Coleman if available. Some of the names eg McGreal, Fowler etc really leave me feeling worse.

adkins a contender but it seems years ago he managed a successful side, not since he left Southampton in 2013

Player
Manager
John King
I can't see Adkins coming here - he has not managed below the Championship for years - and I doubt he would have the hunger for the job if he did.