• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Micky Mellon

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I wouldn't have thought Swansea and MM were a particularly good fit and that's aside from the ongoing off-field issues at Swansea, whose American owners come across as another Coventry. Can't blame Micky for seeking a job at a higher level and keeping us in L1 is arguably a harder challenge than getting us promoted. Maybe there are concerns that we won't be resourced next season to the extent he thinks is needed. I'm speculating and doubt that we'll ever know the full picture. Obviously hope that he remains with us, but if, as seems likely there have been some discussions between the parties, then the fact Micky's engaging in a process which could lead to a move away has to feel a little unsettling.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
As ONIGP says, Premier League and Championship owners hardly ever consider British managers these days, even at moderate sized clubs like Swansea. So, if nothing else, this episode confirms that Mellon is one of the most highly regarded managers in the lower divisions, along with Cowley and a few others.

It has been a while since a Tranmere manager had that status.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
As I understand it,
Club approaches Chairman and says " we'd like to talk to your manager".
Chairman either says "swivel" or, respectful of the manager " we'll ask him if he wants to talk to you".
I suspect that's what has happened here and MM has said he'll listen to what they have to say. They've spoken and it's gone no further.
I earnestly think MM sees us as work in progress that he wants to be part of. His L1 record isn't great so he needs a good season to enhance his CV if he's thinking of straying.