• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Mickey is back!!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Nors on loan could be a possibility......
If Nors was out of a favour it could be a maybe but from menory towards the end of the season he featured quite a bit under Paul cook and got a few goals so fairly sure they’ll want him to stay

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I've heard a few Nors rumours although I can't see it. Having said that, I didn't think Micky was coming back either so you just never know in football.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King

If Nors was out of a favour it could be a maybe but from menory towards the end of the season he featured quite a bit under Paul cook and got a few goals so fairly sure they’ll want him to stay
I think it still depends whether he is in Cook's long term plans, which is not certain.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Afternoon all,
Been AWOL for some time and a few Admin nudges were guiding me to getting involved with the banter again - this news swayed it!
Absolutely made up.
I'd rather have a MM team in L2 giving their all over a half arsed KH team in L1 any day.
Can sing to Zombie Nation next season as well as clap!
Ideal that Dawes stays on, MM knows him and he "gets us" as well.
All of a sudden, garden is rosy again.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
What a fantastic interview, made up hes back talks so well.

Player
aldo
can but dream also wasn't that a refreshing interview,no slagging fans off, and its all about the Club and the fans Welcome home Micky

Reactions: Boz

ADD

Player
Norwood
Well as predicted MP went for the cheap option again ...... that's a joke - don't shoot me please:)
Thought we maybe should have looked elsewhere but on the other hand I 100% get the fact that with MM suddenly available this makes a lot of sense for MP rather than risk another managerial appointment. Equally MM now realises the grass isn't always greener and sounded so focussed in the interview and think he will be supermotivated to make this work.
I do like the fact that Dawes and Parky stay also. Thought the fact that MM mentioned specifically that they likely had a future in management themselves suggests he is looking to pass on his experience and maybe groom a successor.
Incidentally, I notice MM's title is First Team manager so does that mean Beck is Director of Football effectively? Also I assume that with Dawes now being Assistant Manager and Parky First team Coach that that is effectively promotions for them both also which is great news as throughout this season despite all the travails of Jackson and Hill those two never for one second did anything other than do their best for the Club.
Now we just need about 20 decent players and we are good to go for promotion!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would guess Palios is effectively Director of Football, with Beck as recruitment consultant.

I agree about the recognition for Dawes and Parkinson. It is also a relief that Mellon and Dawes know each other well, as that relationship has to work if we are to be successful.

Player
aldo
let us hope Beck can get some good plyers we will need at least 3 forwards in its going to be a very busy few months

Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
Despite my earlier comments as regards Micky, I will ‘get behind him’ because it is clear he cares for the club and wants the team to consist of those who are motivated to play for Tranmere. I wish him well, and look forward to a revitalised team next season. Here’s to automatic promotion!

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Delighted with this and rather bemused by some negative comments I've seen. Mickey's star is still rising, he has ambition and we are fortunate to have him at our L2 club - leaving aside the facts that he has been one of our most successful managers ever, understands the club and "gets" the fans. Not so long ago this appointment would have seemed entirely unrealistic. Of course, success is never guaranteed but it feels like we've got our club back!