• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

MICHAEL ROBERTS

drwhoman

Released by Liverpool this summer. Left Rovers for the Pool when he was 15 I think. I saw him play for Pool reserves on video a few times last season. Looked a good solid defensive midfielder. I know that may not be a priority but I suspect he would have more going for him than some of these other guys we have been trialling. Maybe he has decided to do something else with his life. I see a couple of others released have signed for Div Two sides. I hope Ronnie has reviewed these players. Would have more going for them than the international ragbag we seem to be considering at the moment.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We have 4 central midfielders at the moment i dont think we will sign another one.

drwhoman

I was not so much recommending Michael Roberts as observing that there are a lot of good young players being released by big clubs (about 8 at Liverpool alone) and I would have thought there should be focus on these sorts of players rather than the group we are currently seeing at Rovers who seem to have a very mixed playing pedigree. I know you get the argument that you might pick up a gem but some of these international guys do not exactly have playing records that leap out at you.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It might be that some of the young players released from Prem clubs have higher wage expectations than Rovers can meet. The better ones like Silva have already got themselves fixed up.