• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

meeting a legend

Player
aldo
today i has the absolute pleasure of cooking for jimmy harvey . we then had a little chat and lets just say he was not to complementary of what micky has done with the budget . he also said that cookie will not stay while mellon stays . it was a real treat meeting jim as i grew up watching him . he said that when he got Morecambe up his budget was £350k a year an micky has now had 2.3m . macc has the smallest in the top half . . also he was a real gent to top man

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don't think it's a surprise what he says about Cook, more so if that's really our playing budget. While Harvey was a great player at our level, and very unfortunate with the timing of his heart problems just as he'd put Morecambe in a position to get them into the FL, his subsequent management career has been disappointing and not on a par with Micky's.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Micky is a better manager than Harvey and our wage budget is £1-1.1 million, not £2.3 million. There has been some inflation since Morecambe got promoted. Mellon is probably the best manager we have had since Mathias or earlier, when all factors are considered (communication, rapport with the supporters).

Jim was a good player mind.

Player
aldo
im not having ago at micky . but was interesting to hear what jim has to say he was talking a lot of sense . and being honest . he loves the club like we do thats all . he is a member where i work and it was great to meet a real good guy . now j mcateer dont realy like him up his own ares .

Player
aldo
well i met mr harvy again last saturday . said how come you not going to wembley jim . anser i got a free ticket . but not to botherd . class . not . lost a little respect for him now