• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

McAteer

BOBBY CONN

I was just reading the comments regarding how we will get on against Rotherham and was suprised to get the impression that McAteer has become a major influence on the team. I have been in Oz for a while now so have not seen the lads for a long time:roll: ...
Whats happened? Although last season he was relatively tidy in his passing etc. he seemed unable to make the effort expected and was bad for morale, always bollocking other players (sometimes for his own errors!)
Do you think that he has taken his new role seriously and started trying harder or something? If so better late than never and good on him...

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Well from the few games I've seen recently and the reports from other matches he has been one of the better players lately. It is also a fact that when McAteer plays we score more and create more. Although my opinion of him has gone down somewhat after hearing that he went off suited and booted going to Ladies day at Aintree with his woman yesterday when he is supposed to be out of today's game ill. Ill? Ill my arse! If he doesn't play today i'll be unimpressed!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I had to laugh at McAteer on the radio the other day. Well, actually no, it was more close to crying.. His first sentence.

This season has been a bit disappointing.
A BIT!! Christ. Understatement of the year!!

I think he has helped on the field this season but I'm not sure he's got what it takes in the role of management. I don't believe he's a great motivator, but then again, I don't believe Brian is either..

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
hahaha!

improved player, I like him.

S

Seanyb

Joe_TRFC said:
Well from the few games I've seen recently and the reports from other matches he has been one of the better players lately. It is also a fact that when McAteer plays we score more and create more. Although my opinion of him has gone down somewhat after hearing that he went off suited and booted going to Ladies day at Aintree with his woman yesterday when he is supposed to be out of today's game ill. Ill? Ill my arse! If he doesn't play today i'll be unimpressed!

He can have a social life away from footy you know. Going the races if your ill is one thing, but playing footy when your ill is a different matter

Player
Morrisey
IMO if he is well enough to go to the races, then he is well enough to sit in the stands or sit on the bench and coach!

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
McAteer wasn't really fit enough last season to play as many games as he did, so he never looked much of a player, a bit of a has-been or never-was really. This season he's at about the same level of not-quite fitness, but the difference has been that he's saved himself up, only made himself available every fifth game or so - meaning he's put in fairly decent performances when he has played. Either that or the rest of them have played so poorly that makes him look a little bit better. Must now be his last season as a player though.