• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Matt Piper

B

Banana Army

Apparently both Mick McArthy and himself have to an agreement that he needs to be farmed out on loan to re start his career after a hefty load of injuries. I think if we could get him it would be awesome. Hasnt played for a while, but has flair and creativity in abundance. Just what we need in our midfield

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Ive never heard of this player so I dont know.

If hes a good player and is interested why not but anything we need to sort out our defence.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I was thinking exactly the same when I read about that! I expect a Championship club will come in for him though cos he WAS a good player before a horrifically long spell on the sidelines. I'd definitely welcome him here. We do need creativity and strengthening defence (extend Francis' loan too!).

B

Banana Army

SCooperSomersaults said:
I was thinking exactly the same when I read about that! I expect a Championship club will come in for him though cos he WAS a good player before a horrifically long spell on the sidelines. I'd definitely welcome him here. We do need creativity and strengthening defence (extend Francis' loan too!).

Same thoughts here. Infact i expect him probably to return to his former team Leicester as they are struggling. However the fact that he has been out for so long could be in our favour. Maybe a championship team wont want to risk it.

M

Matthew The Rover

Piper is a good player. Great on Champ Man 01/02 too!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
is he? thanks for the tip ill be signing him now.

but in real life :lol: if you al think he should be good for us lets get him bvut myself perosnally havnt really heard much of him.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Mat Piper. I feel we should go for him. If he remains fit, he can do a job fo us

B

Banana Army

Birkenhead Born and Bred said:
Mat Piper. I feel we should go for him. If he remains fit, he can do a job fo us
Jennings and Aiston do a job for us, he would be more than that.

Player
Morrisey
where abouts does he play in the Midfield? would he be a Hall replacement?

B

Banana Army

Exactly. A right sided player who could play in the middle. Maybe a bit more skillful than hall but not quite as good infront of goal, but a good call that one.

Player
Morrisey
That would be ace if he could come as we have lacked a bit of paul hall this campaign. I personally think that we are getting our hopes up about nothing, but you never know, if we have all been good santa might give him to us for christmas!!!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
He's basically a right winger who had pace (before the injury), was tricky and could play up front at a stretch. He would be a good signing but there's lots of ifs. Basically, it aint gonna happen :(

B

Banana Army

SCooperSomersaults said:
He's basically a right winger who had pace (before the injury), was tricky and could play up front at a stretch. He would be a good signing but there's lots of ifs. Basically, it aint gonna happen :(

No our chances are extremely slim, but we can dream

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
He sounds good... would be good if we could get him, though I doubt it would happen.