• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Matchday chat

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hi all

I mentioned this briefly in another thread. I have now opened a chatroom for all forum members.

The chatroom is there to be used primarily for matchday reasons when a game is on. It's for those that can't make the games, but can keep up to date online.

Click the chat link above this message and simply use your existing forums username and password to log in.

If it gets used and is useful, then I'll keep it on here. If not, I can remove it just as easily. Just thought it was a good idea for those unable to make the games.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Hi Ian

Great idea, considering I'm in Dublin and never get to the match. But here was no link to click???? :lol:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I will be using it on Saturday and hopefully will be joined by a few others on there. Looking forward to it.

C

championship_here_we_come

jsut had a gander and it looks cool, btw for nomur the link it at the top just under the part wer is says welcome "your name", theres a nice set of options available i should be on aswell on saturday

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Got a chance to use the chat room for a while after the game on Saturday and I really liked it. It was nice to speak to you guys a bit more instantly that on the message board.

Ian, you should organise one night during the week when everyone is free to log in and have a chat about anything and everything, and catch up. Open a new room seperate from the Matchday one and make it a pub lounge or something. I had something similar when I was in college and it worked realy well.

Have a think. What does everyone else think??

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hi Nomur. Yes, it's an idea. What I don't want is for the chatroom to take over from the forums at all. It's always open, but arranged events can be done if there is enough interest. There are two rooms in there. One for matchdays and one for general chat (lounge)..

Player
Morrisey
chat is not working for me! I can see the conversation but I cannot contribute to it. Any help?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
hmm, strange one. what about clicking in the bottom box and typing. does that work? send us a screenshot if you can SWA. missing out on all the goals here. whats browser are you using?

Player
Morrisey
Just install flash but still no luck. It used to work before I formatted my p.c. Basically all I have is a box with the conversation in but no box at the bottom with where to type your message and emoticoms etc. Also there is no tab down the side displaying who is online.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I changed my browser to Firefox at the beginning of the year and it's the best thing I've ever done!

Everything works better than IE. For me anyway mate!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I believe this worked in the end mate. Did you change browser?

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Where's the chat link gone from the top of the page Ian?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Had to do some forum upgrades last night nomur. It'll be back later on today.

Player
Morrisey
Yes cheers I have changed my browser to FF and it worked a treat.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The chat can now be accessed by looking in your quick links menu.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Good idea Ian well in but I attend all the games if im off work and if im not at a match im in work so I wont be using it much but if im not going the match and im on a night shift in work i will use it.