• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Marvin Sordell

Ok so Les finally gets his man.

WTF
8-[[-X[-o<

Havent posted for a while - to be honest thought this forum had died a slow death last year so I am back to inject some much needed life................................ so lets not waste anymore time.

who the f**k is this guy??????????????

I am all for giving young kids a kickabout on a sunday morning but arent we in a relegation dogfight?

Can't help but see this as what it is, a months loan of someone who prob doesn't cost anything (as he is on £60 a week) and nothing more than something to make our naive and unintelligent fanbase think Johnson gives a f**k

I am raging inside at this guy's attitude - anyone else out there preparing themselves for roadtrips to the arse end of beyond in 2010-11

What a fitting way to celebrate our 125 anniversary, thanks Peter you absolute tw*t of a local businessman

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Our fan base may lack intelligence, but they aren't naive when it comes to PJ. He can do nothing right in their (your) eyes. In many respects PJ deserves criticism but some of our fans are ridiculous...

What, were you expecting us to secure Fernando Torres on a 6 month loan deal with a view to a permanent transfer in the summer? Take the lad on for a month and see if he's any good. You haven't even seen him play. Danny Mayor came to us with similar credentials last year and looked a very good player before getting injured. We bring in two loan signings in the transfer window and all you can do is moan...

Player
Johnny Morrissey
To try and be devil's advocate, we tried to sign more established or more well known players but they turned us down. Scott Vernon, Nathan Eccleston, didn't want to join a struggling Tranmere so they went elsewhere.

But I do agree, PJ wants out and doesn't care if the team goes down the toilet. IMO that's a strange view, as he'll not get anywhere near what he wants for a League 2 football club. In our 125 anniversary it's been a shambles from top to bottom the way the club has been run this season. Anyway...

As for the lad Sordell, nobody knows anything about him. He could be good he could not, but give hima chance. He's 18 years old, he has to start somewhere. Presumably we've scouted him a few times and he has something to offer. It's a month loan which is costing next to nothing I'd imagine. Nothing to lose, especially since we got turned down by everyone else! SonkOrly makes a good valid point about Danny Mayor, he was very useful. We'll see...

Player
Liam Palmer
Have to agree word-for-word with Sonkorly here.

Also, it's rubbish to suggest PJ wants to see us go down the lavvy. If he did, he could, by winding the club up, selling the assets (land) and walking away. But he doesn't. Honestly. He might have penny-pinched his way through the last five years, and has to take the blame for some poor managerial appointments (along with Ms Rogers) but I can tell you for a fact he'd rather see Rovers moving up the league than down it.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I presume that someone from the club has seen the lad in action. Agree there's no harm in trying him out for a month. However for every Danny Mayor there's a Jacob Burns. Only time on the pitch will show which category Marvin falls into.

O

OneNightInGayParis

Sordell started his career with Watford's youth academy, signing a professional contract in April 2009. In November 2008, he joined Isthmian League club, Wealdstone on work experience. He made his professional debut for Watford on 15 August in the Championship in the 2–0 away defeat against Sheffield United, replacing Nathan Ellington as a substitute in the 72nd minute. His first competitive goal for Watford came when he scored in a 2–1 League Cup defeat at Leeds United on 25 August 2009. Scored twice for Wealdstome in 5 appearances. 5 foot 10, 12 stone 8, borrn in Brent. (mostly courtesy of Wikipedia).

Sounds entirely unproven, I guess Les's biggest challenge will be to give him a chance without harming the (hardly massive) confidence of the existing strikers. At least there are 6 games in the next month - so we might get some value from the deal and a chance to evaluate.

TRFC_Ian

Player
Aldo
Sounds entirely unproven, I guess Les's biggest challenge will be to give him a chance without harming the (hardly massive) confidence of the existing strikers. At least there are 6 games in the next month - so we might get some value from the deal and a chance to evaluate.

It wont be difficult to give him a chance being as though we havent had a striker on the bench for the past few games! Throw him on with half an hour to go and see how it goes.

And as for going to Wealdstone for WORK EXPERIENCE all I can say is lucky git! When I was at school I did mine at Asda in Bromborough!!!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Only thing which did surprise me was that Marvin's only 5'10" As the title of the Tom Holt novel, I was "Expecting someone taller"

An interloper

Some strange turns in the messages here.....Sonko, I'm starting to think your a spy in the camp, justifying at every turn Johnsons ability, wishes and seemingly knowing his thoughts even!!!!!!

And this despite no hint of leadership from the chap himself on any forum, never mind the local press.

Never has so little been done by a chairman to at least try to prevent a team being relegated. Yet still you sing his praises.

I expect our loan saviour is being asked for far too much. Even an experienced and proven goalscorer would be granted a period of adjustment to the team/league/style so I hope we dont burden him with unrealistic expectations.

This far into the season we have 26 pts from 27 games, from the remaining 19 games I see us picking up around 21 pts giving a total of only 47 and most likely relegation. Unless others do a lot worse and Southend maybe go into administration - then we may just survive. I live in hope.

And as ever, Johnson out out out.

Some strange turns in the messages here.....Sonko, I'm starting to think your a spy in the camp, justifying at every turn Johnsons ability, wishes and seemingly knowing his thoughts even!!!!!!

And as ever, Johnson out out out.

Your are a legend mate...... first person to make sense on here in a long long time =D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Its ok saying johnson out but who is going to pay him the near £6 million we owe him as he wont right it off and as a businessman who realisticly would?

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Quite.

If any of you would like to quote any instance where I've heaped "praise" on Peter Johnson I'd be very impressed as I never have done at any point. Good luck searching.

PJ leaving the club is quite obviously mutually beneficial but hugely unrealistic. So I'm just saying, you can criticise him for lots of things, but you can't bloody criticise him for bringing in a player on loan.

Player
Goodison
Sordell looks like he has quite quick feet in that footage which is something that can't be said of Curran. That number 23 for Leeds also looks quite good, I wonder if we could get him on loan :roll:

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Thanks for the link to that goal. A nice sharp turn and although a bit lucky to get the ball back, a nice finish in the end. Looks promising, but then Kithson Bain looked promising on youtube!

We'll see on Saturday anyway should he feature.

As for Peter Johnson. Would like to see someone take over but you're right he has bankrolled the club for the last 20 odd years and money doesn't grow on trees. But it looks unlikely that a wealthy investor will take the club off his hands any time soon. Shall we have a whip round???

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The PJ out shouts are getting boring now. PJ wants out just as much as some of you guys want him out. He's made it clear in the past the club has been up for sale numerous times, and surprise surprise, no buyers..

Regarding Marvin, he might shake up the strikers in fighting for a place but you can't expect too much from an 18 year old with a handful of games under his belt. It gives the lad possible exposure to competitive games. Still doesn't change the fact that after the month ends, we are still stuck with an inadequate strike force.

Player
Goodison
Sordell arrived at the club before the Yeovil game so it's not exactly a last ditch signing.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
On the johnson issue it was strongly rumoured a few years ago that stephen vaughan was going to buy us before he took over at chester, so if people think that johnson is bad look at the position chester are in

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Ok Sordell he isnt what we all wanted and hoped for. But we are 3rd bottom in league 1 ffs. We are getting around 5000 at a home game, and are very much in a relegation dog fight. we are no longer a club that has the capacity to sign good established players and cant compete financially with many teams in our division.

However I try and look for the positives, Les tried to bring in Vernon and Ecclestone both turned us down they probably didnt fancy a relegation dog fight so why would we want them? At least Sordell has the b*llocks to come here and doesnt want to shirk away from the challenge! The lad may turn out to be a star noone on here knows. I would much sooner have a player who has come because he wants too rather than a player who comes because there is nowhere else. Les said we tried to get him in the last window however Watford were unwilling to allow him out on loan, this makes me think he has been watching him for a while. In this window Watford contacted Les to give him first refusal.
I would love it love it if he banged in a trick on saturday.

On the subject of Pj the man is not interested and lost that loving feeling for the club ages ago, its a good job that the club have people like Les, Shaun and many others who do, and as long as the club has people like this with the clubs best interest at heart we will be ok. All clubs like ours have ups and downs and this is a period of transition things will pick up. Keep the faith boys things are always darkest before the light.

Good to see you back Al!!!!