• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Martin Allen

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
DixieDean said:
It only takes 1 JOURNO #-o to start a rumour and before you know it, all media sources are reporting the same thing. It happens all the time.
Yes it does. See it almost everyday.

However, the fact that the club is now extending the season ticket deadline and explains it that there are contractual wranglings and legal situations to clear up does somewhat point to Allen as being one of the managers being considered. The fact that Brentford insist Allen see out or pay off his contract does fit that description.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Brentford are allowing us to talk to him aslong as we give them compo. I think the figure is around 75k... whats that when we would get so many more bums on seats with an ambitious appointment like Allen. Maybe Peter Johnson has realised that he won't get his 5 million back with us stagnating in League One and so has put in some more money so we get promotion and allowing him to claw some of his money back. Someone must be putting some money into the club for the new manager or else why would Allen and Moore both leave their clubs in hope of getting the Tranmere job. There must be some incentive for them!

Player
Morrisey
"Sorry but I agree, PJ putting his hand in his pocket for little 'ole Tranmere :-D cant see it....

Why would he start dishing out the money now?"

well as a die hard Rovers fan if I had as much money as he has I would put money into the club! I wouldn't stop. I think that is a good enough reason to do so.

Absolutely agree SWA, If only I had that kinda money.... If he does dip into his pocket then I think Joe has a point about PJ.

Either way getting back onto the subject of Mr Allen, a good manager for us he would probably be but my money is on Ronnie coming back. NBDH on another thread said he always wanted Ronnie to come back as manager and I agree..... He would fit in better at PP and he has a decent (ish) managerial record. :cool:

Player
Morrisey
Allen is Mk Dons manager! #-o Why would he want to go down there to league two? I can see them coming straight back up