• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Mark Rivers

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Just seen on the Sky Sports website that Mark Rivers isn't getting a game at Crewe and is willing to move down the leagues for regular football. I know he was linked with us in the summer but nothing happened. What do you reckon, I know him asa wide midfield player which is what we need, maybe worth a punt???

Discuss...

don't rate him what so ever.if he can't get in a struggling crewe side then that say's it all.rivers not for me thank you!

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

He's not that good but he can score a goal or two but I feel he's not what where looking for

M

Matthew The Rover

I wouldn't mind Neil McCann who was released by Southampton on a 6 or 18 month contract although he is getting on a bit.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Paul Devlin please. Wants to move back up North... surely should be a target!?

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
we had the exact same duscussion in July, mark rivers was about to move to rovers then dario gradi decided to make him apart of his plans.

This time, I dont know, maybe, wouldnt complain, were does he play again?

S

Seanyb

On the sky sports website it says Mark Rivers has issued a come and get me plea to any clubs and he doesn't mind dropping a league. Might be a good short term investment for our wing problems.

don't rate any of the above mentioned(paul devlin/mark rivers) i think we should look at lower league rather than has beens!

og in oz

We have always done well in the past with so called has beens, aldo, pat nevin, david fairclough, gary stevens etc.
They all came in and did a fantastic job in the old days.
If there are willing to drop a league or take a cut in pay and also bring in there experiance i think it has to be worth a punt.
You may also remember in the old days nobody wanted to come here then Johnny King bought some big names in and more wanted to follow and we were on the brink of the premiership.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Seanyb said:
On the sky sports website it says Mark Rivers has issued a come and get me plea to any clubs and he doesn't mind dropping a league. Might be a good short term investment for our wing problems.

sounds like he's pretty damn desperate! :shock:

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Ian said:
sounds like he's pretty damn desperate! :shock:

Hence our interest!!! :lol:

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Well, in case anyone was worried Rivers was coming to Tranmere... he aint! Just signed for Carlisle United, who actually look to have a very good side (on paper) and a bit of ambition by signing some good players.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

SCooperSomersaults said:
Well, in case anyone was worried Rivers was coming to Tranmere... he aint! Just signed for Carlisle United, who actually look to have a very good side (on paper) and a bit of ambition by signing some good players.

I know I went to the pre season friendly match away at Carlise and they battered us and I was impressed when we played them in the LDV

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Don't think we will be signing anybody now really... maybe another loan or two.

A

AndyRoo16

i thought we battered Carlisle in the LDV......

Little has not shown any clear indication of signing anyone, he is too cautious in the transfer market as well as the matches. I agree we will probably get 1 or 2 loans in , but they best not be more short-term like Francis and Dino....We need players to see the season through...

og in oz said:
We have always done well in the past with so called has beens, aldo, pat nevin, david fairclough, gary stevens etc.
They all came in and did a fantastic job in the old days.
If there are willing to drop a league or take a cut in pay and also bring in there experiance i think it has to be worth a punt.
You may also remember in the old days nobody wanted to come here then Johnny King bought some big names in and more wanted to follow and we were on the brink of the premiership.

i wouldn't say that devlin and rivers are big names og!and also aldo,fairclough,nevin and stevens are in a tottally different league than rivers and devlin!!