• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

mark & Nicky Q&A

Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
Would you buy a season ticket if Tranmere do get promoted and Hill remains in charge (Palios' keeping their word or sticking to the contract (unsure if it is in writing)?)

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
In that unlikely event, I would guess many will still not buy. The quality of the football is the issue, not simply the division we are in.

I have increasingly come to the realisation in recent weeks that in the short term I am not particularly bothered whether we are in League One or Two, provided we have Football League status. However, football is about entertainment, and I do want to watch a team that at least attempts to attack, create chances and score goals.

Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
I know that everyone criticises the January recruitment but should we also just wait and see if Hill brings in those who can play the way he wants the team toplay (regardless as to which division Tranmere will be in next season). This has been such a strange season with no supporters present that part of me wants to see how having fans back helps with performances. Not that the short time we had fans in helped!

Perhaps I am trying to find reasons for the poor performances other than Hill is failing to gel the team. After Sunderland, the players in general seem to have lost the urgency to play the 'out of possession' pressing, Maybe too tired... In fact, in some games, it almost looks like they haven't played together before!

Player
Manager
John King
I would not want to take the risk of allowing Hill to recruit in the summer, and I also think he had perfectly good options with the current squad to have performed far more convincingly than he has.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
One of the itk posters on another forum suggests that we had a decent striker (loan?) lined up, but Keith Hill wanted Crawford, so we had to make do with Nugent. Given how little use he’s made of the notlob loanee that seems a particularly inept piece of business if true.

I’d be much more likely to renew if there’s signs of getting decent football to watch next season.

Player
Manager
John King
Crawford played pretty well at Scunthorpe (I think) a few weeks ago, but has since completely disappeared. Another strange decision.

overthewater

Player
chris malkin
I'm with RLC on this one. I'm past caring what division we'll be in next season. We've seen such dross over the past couple of months that I'm unsure whether or not to renew my season ticket. A slow renewal rate will surely force the Palios's hand ?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
You wonder what percentage of the Tranmere supporters are feeling this way because I’ve not come across anyone seeing Hill in charge as a positive. Fairly high I would imagine.

ADD

Player
Norwood
I do hope that many season ticket holders do not renew initially. Plenty of time to do so later without harming the Club
To my mind that is the only realistic way of truly signalling that Hill needs to go to MP.
I also wonder whether Santini Group will be pushing for change - surely they can't be happy with this state of affairs.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Crawford played pretty well at Scunthorpe (I think) a few weeks ago, but has since completely disappeared. Another strange decision.
After probably his best performance hw disappears without trace, baffling to say the least.

Player
aldo
well if I could go to most home games which I can,t and we all know why that is, I love supporting the club in all sorts of different ways, but would I pay to watch dross week in week out our we sure Les Parry has not come back in disguise, and yes I loved those legs on a cold winters night and less also but his football is just as bad as now,so if you was asking me no I would not renew with Hill in cgarge

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’ll be renewing whatever happens but as ADD suggests with the late early bird discount date of early august, people have plenty of time. It may result in fairly low sales initially which Palios may wonder if down to Keith staying if he did

Player
Manager
John King
I have just bought mine, but was charged the new early bird price of £362 rather than the renewal price of £341.

It would not be Tranmere without the odd IT glitch.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I’m not sure that new system is working properly yet.

Player
Manager
John King
The club announced they were on sale four hours ago, but have now retracted because people have had problems.