• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Mark Hughes new Bradford manager

Player
Ian Goodison
Strange appointment if you ask me, he has only ever played and managed in the Premier League.

I can only imagine he was desperate to get back into the game and can commute from his Cheshire home.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Strange appointment if you ask me, he has only ever played and managed in the Premier League.

I can only imagine he was desperate to get back into the game and can commute from his Cheshire home.
Agreed. It's a big risk for Mark and for Bradford. The only other example of a Premiership manager dropping down the divisions is Brian Little. That was not an unqualified success, although he was unlucky and didn't get much backing from Lorraine Rogers.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well he certainly wont be on Premier League wages!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Very odd appointment, Very good player pretty poor manager

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Very odd appointment, Very good player pretty poor manager
He has had a patchy record. He started off with Wales and had some success. He did well at Blackburn before being poached by Man City, where he started well. He kept Stoke in the EPL for six years, but did little at his other clubs. He seems to have been too keen to progress his career rather than consolidate and gain experience. Perhaps starting his career at Bradford City would have been a better move.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A strange choice given his time out the game. Wonder how cookie and rides will fare under him?

No surprise that his predecessor Derek Adam’s went back to Morecambe. Grass isn’t always greener

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Maybe we are seeing the return of forgotten managers as Paul Ince has also returned from an 8-year exile to manage Reading. Funny old game .

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Mark Hughes seems to be turning things round at Bradford now. Probably too much to do for reaching the play-offs though.