• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Mark and Nicola on Facebook

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I thought it was interesting watch.

As for legal or not one of the big considerations will be the Costs as itis.likely to be several hundred thousabd pounds.

I wouldn't worry too much that we are unlikely to make signings early on as the vast majority of clubs will be in the same boat.
Yes, apart from clubs with ridiculously wealthy backers like Salford, no clubs will want to spend cash at the moment.

There were rumours we had the option of a one year extension with Clarke, but I don't know if they were true.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
There were rumours we had the option of a one year extension with Clarke, but I don't know if they were true.
When he was signed, the length of contract was not announced. I would imagine that Peter would not have left Fleetwood without some promise of an extended contract, so I would expect that rumour might be true. I'm pretty sure we'd like to hang onto him next season no matter which league we are in, but if we extend his contract from 1st July, would we be able to put him back on furlough?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A poster on another forum has said that Iain turner, Michael Vernon and Shaun garnett are being made redundant.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I think Plymouth May have announced some new contracts. They have also released Antoni Sarcevic who has left for family reasons and would be a good signing.

Need to certainly sign Clarke if we can But may not happen for a while as Mp said

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think Plymouth May have announced some new contracts. They have also released Antoni Sarcevic who has left for family reasons and would be a good signing.

Need to certainly sign Clarke if we can But may not happen for a while as Mp said
Sarcevic will go to salford, who will be the exception over signing players although what will happen with clubs when the likely wage cap comes in.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Yes, apart from clubs with ridiculously wealthy backers like Salford, no clubs will want to spend cash at the moment.

I remember that it was of an undsiclosed length... I wondered whether the option may have been the other way around, ie Clarke had an option to extend? Either way and a serious question - a year on do people think that he might not fancy L2 with even more huff and puff and decide to call it a day - he is after all 39 in January?

Player
Manager
John King
It has been announced that Ian Turner, Mike Vernon and Shaun Garnett have all been made redundant.

Particularly sad for Shaun after his long service to the club.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I remember that it was of an undsiclosed length... I wondered whether the option may have been the other way around, ie Clarke had an option to extend? Either way and a serious question - a year on do people think that he might not fancy L2 with even more huff and puff and decide to call it a day - he is after all 39 in January?
I would think he like the rest of the squad will want to right a wrong.

drwhoman

It has been announced that Ian Turner, Mike Vernon and Shaun Garnett have all been made redundant.

Particularly sad for Shaun after his long service to the club.
I agree with this. Not sure we can blame it entirely on the EFL but it will not be easy for these guys to find paid work in football.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I would think he like the rest of the squad will want to right a wrong.

yes plus Clarke was excellent once he had settled in alongside Ellis. They Would be a good pairing in league 2

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Efl zone Twitter says us Oldham and several other league 2 sides are after Kane wikson, not sure how reliable the site is but would be a good signing if we.can sign him.

Player
Manager
John King
Efl zone Twitter says us Oldham and several other league 2 sides are after Kane wikson, not sure how reliable the site is but would be a good signing if we.can sign him.
He would be a great signing but seems too good for League Two.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I would trust that their knowledge of the market is greater than that of supporters spreading rumours on forums. Has a single League Two club announced a new signing yet ?
It's quite interesting looking at some of the official sites for L2 teams. I can't find much evidence of new signings, but some clubs; Port Vale, Grimsby, Morecambe for example have made offers to existing out of contract players, as well as identifying those released. Vale seem particularly well geared up, they had 12 players signed up and have offered 7 existing out of contract players new deals, some of which have been taken up. Bit surprised in that context, that Mark seemed to rule out any new contract offers at this stage for existing players, when there are some we'd like to hang onto.
Sarcevic will go to salford, who will be the exception over signing players although what will happen with clubs when the likely wage cap comes in.
Salford's dealings in the transfer market seemed to be quite poor and they had a big clear-out of players. While you're probably right about Sarcevic, get the feeling from some of Gary Neville's remarks that they're going to be less profligate in future.

On the redundancies, it is a real shame about Shaun Garnett, who's done a lot for the club in various roles over the years. There didn't seem to be anything up on the official site, even though it has been updated with stuff about the shirt design competition and refund options for season tickets, mentioned last night.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think they are trying to keep the negative news under wraps as it’s never good when you have to let people go, especially servants like SG. They are trying to keep it positive at the moment.

Player
Manager
John King
It's quite interesting looking at some of the official sites for L2 teams. I can't find much evidence of new signings, but some clubs; Port Vale, Grimsby, Morecambe for example have made offers to existing out of contract players, as well as identifying those released. Vale seem particularly well geared up, they had 12 players signed up and have offered 7 existing out of contract players new deals, some of which have been taken up. Bit surprised in that context, that Mark seemed to rule out any new contract offers at this stage for existing players, when there are some we'd like to hang onto.

Salford's dealings in the transfer market seemed to be quite poor and they had a big clear-out of players. While you're probably right about Sarcevic, get the feeling from some of Gary Neville's remarks that they're going to be less profligate in future.

On the redundancies, it is a real shame about Shaun Garnett, who's done a lot for the club in various roles over the years. There didn't seem to be anything up on the official site, even though it has been updated with stuff about the shirt design competition and refund options for season tickets, mentioned last night.
Well that is two or three clubs, out of twenty four, and I would guess we are shopping in a better market than Morecambe anyway. So the vast majority of clubs are not offering contracts to anyone. And how do you know those clubs are not taking risks which will backfire on them later ?

I ultimately trust Palios to make sensible financial decisions while leaving us with a competitive squad for next season. I would not want any other League Two owner in charge at this time, including those at Port Vale and Grimsby.

Reactions: Ian

ADD

Player
Norwood
Interesting...... MP posted late last night on Twitter....

1592543644467.png1592543644467.png1592543644467.png

Reactions: Ian

ADD

Player
Norwood
On far more mundane matters cannot for one moment think Kane Wilson will play L2 for us or anyone - to my mind he is ultimately good enough for Championship at least if he stays fit..