• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Mariners v Rovers

Match result

• Grimsby

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mariners v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Blundell Park
Wednesday, March 17, 2021 - 07:00 PM
Until: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

frenchrover

Player
aldo
I've listened again to the Manager's post-match interview, which must have been recorded before any, or very little, social media criticism could have been aimed at him or the team performance. It seems to me that he was more upset, and clearly he was by his aggravated demeanour, at the expectations expressed by fans made PRIOR to the match. Given the excellent performance against Sunderland, the fact that we were playing the team bottom of the League, and then finally having seen the results from Tuesday evening go our way, it seems totally acceptable that fans should be optimistic in such circumstances, and subsequently disappointed at achieving just the 1 point. I think we all recognised the effort expended by the team at Wembley and shared the concern that the final outcome may have influenced the team's performance on Wednesday. Nevertheless I think it was perfectly reasonable to expect beforehand, given all the circumstances, both for and against, that our team would be able to secure a win. I worry that the manager was, in delivering a post-match interview like last nights, looking to deflect any likely criticism away from him, and/or the team, back on to the clubs fans for having such expectations, and in doing so runs the grave risk of driving a wedge between him and the fans. For if we, as fans, have no expectations or aspirations what is the point in our supporting our club.