• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Mariners v Rovers

Match result

• Grimsby

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mariners v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Blundell Park
Wednesday, March 17, 2021 - 07:00 PM
Until: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
could have been the one on the Paddock called Baldy god help us if it is and he is on hear he is a right pleb

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Haha, only registered members can vote so I’d assume it was one if the regulars. Anyway, it’s not a witch hunt, it was just a bit of banter.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Grimsbys home record is unsurprisingly the worst in the division. 3 wins, 5 draws and 9 defeats. Surely we can go and do the business but like RLC says things may very well need freshening up. Maybe even CBT will get a start ahead of someone like Lloyd

Player
aldo
just shown the wife and the red b$%t did it she said she fed up with the gloating, the cheek of it hope they lose all their home games for rest of the season now wouldn't that be great

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
As it stands today, what do you folks think will be the minimum for automatic and the play-offs? I'm thinking 81 and 77 points ie a bunch sprint right at the end.
I think 81 will get top 3

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think 81 will get top 3
I think that is about right based on the current points per game. I think it will be a relatively low total, as the top half of the table is so congested this season.

Player
Manager
John King
Kahn out injured, hopefully not a serious recurrence, Morris and Lloyd rested, CBT and Nugent start. Ridehalgh presumably at right back.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Wow when I said CBT could start I didn’t think he would, even though he looked decent on Sunday. Another start for Nugent and time for him to get on the scoresheet. Assume McDonald may be a RB which we’ve seen problematic before. We shall see

Player
Manager
John King
Quite a bit of disruption to the side, but I think we did need some rotation.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, it's sensible. Also gives CBT another chance to shine. Let's see how he gets on..
I'd like Nugent to get a goal too.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Khan's absence is a blow, particularly with O'Connor still injured and I'd be less confident of a clean sheet now. I didn't vote in the poll, but unsure how we'll fare with this line-up.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
With the likes of Clarke spearing and Feeney and Woolery we should still have enough I think and hope
Khan's absence is a blow, particularly with O'Connor still injured and I'd be less confident of a clean sheet now. I didn't vote in the poll, but unsure how we'll fare with this line-up.

Player
aldo
yes he needs to start chipping in, shame for Khan but hoping just a niggle KHdid say somewhere going to be rested tonight, come on rovers we need a fast start at least we have a forward on the pitch hoping for 3-1 Nug getting them all

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Very scrappy opening quarter to the game. A few set pieces but nothing to get excited about yet. Hopefully the game will open up a bit for us

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We have all the possession but aren't doing enough with it. Need a bit more composure up front.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Very poor game seriously lacking in quality, we need to move the ball around quicker and get the ball into the box more.

I feel 1 goal will win it if we can get it

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Fairly uninspiring half. Grimsby are working hard but we’ve been fairly average. A couple of crosses from Woolery but we need to step up a gear. Nugent working hard but the problem is we don’t have a recognised striker on the bench although Woolery can play there and Morris could play wide. Lewis has been absent. May just need a set piece to win it