• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Mariners v Rovers

Match result

• Grimsby

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mariners v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Blundell Park
Wednesday, March 17, 2021 - 07:00 PM
Until: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
yes not sure what the point of Jolly, says a lot that Burton got on the field on Sunday, he only had an 18mth deal, how has he played in the limited time he has had

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
There was definitely a different recruitment strategy deployed this time with a stronger focus on Summer. This makes sense since we had a new manager in situ. Despite his failings at the helm, thankfully the signings during MJ's tenure were generally excellent.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think the salary cap and the Indonesian investment were key to the improved recruitment last summer. In the previous two summer windows I think we were simply unable to compete for the better players.

The change in recruitment strategy, with Palios and Beck taking a more hands on role, will also have played a part, as will our absence from the play offs last year, which meant recruitment planning could start earlier.

Player
ian goodison
With regard to strikers, it is interesting that Paddy Madden has just gone from Fleetwood to Stockport. I don't know whether he was available in January but I think he would have offered more than Nugent.
knowing the cash stockport have he,s probably on more money there

Reactions: Boz

drwhoman

Yes, given a three year deal which we would not have matched.
Agree. Must be some money behind Stockport! It is also worth observing that Barton might have had more time for Madden than Grayson who was only appointed as the window closed.We can only sign who is available.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
according to the blackpool gazette (Wikipedia) stockport paid £250,000 for him

What a decent signing for them. A proper goal poacher who is easily capable at league 2 level never mind the national league. They must be paying decent wages as we know from when they took Connor from us even if it was his home town club. With those two plus Rooney and Hogan at the back, the national league plays offs will be interesting with Dave challinors Hartlepool, jay Harris at Wrexham and now mark Ellis at Notts county, all vying for a place.
Glad we’re out of that league!

Player
aldo
I was getting at the Fact the lad like most of the Jan players brought in cant get on the bench most times no matter game time even when we don't have a forward,

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
On the NL I'd be quite happy if money-bags Stockport and Wrexham stayed down for another season. Was hoping Torquay would come up though they seem to have fallen away recently.

I'd agree that the January transfer window was a bit disappointing, although set in the context of some very good squad building over the summer. I'm not sure that Kirby is an improvement on Jack Young and given that he's now scoring for table-topping Cheltenham, have to wonder if we discarded Sam Smith without giving him a proper chance as a forward, though at that point, we weren't to know of Vaughan's injury. Jolley's one for the future though on the little I've seen of him and Burton, at this early stage, I marginally favour Jake.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Newport and Cheltenham both one down, Cheltenham at half time. Long may it continue.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
So far Newport Cheltenham and Salford all dropping points although only at half time

Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
Unexpected bonus regarding Cheltenham -an own goal .... Shame Newport have equalised. Correction, 2-1 down.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Starting to get interesting now. Most of the teams in the bottom half are either winning or drawing and those in the top half are not winning, in fact not one of them.