• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Mariners v Rovers

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
If the pitch had not been hard and bobbly on Tuesday, would we have lost? Perhaps not. So, I am relieved in a way that we aren't playing tomorrow, as their pitch could have been a great leveller at the moment. If we play next month instead, it should suit us better.

Thinking about it, there are more benefits than downsides to the postponement. The squad gets a breather, with only one rival (Cambridge) being able to get an advantage. I think we may see a slightly stronger side on Tuesday, as they have all had some extra rest.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A great result for Rovers as Cambridge are held at home by lowly Southend.

That leaves us five points behind Cambridge, but with two games in hand and still to play them at home.

Player
Manager
John King
Micky's Dundee United win 3-0, which should take some of the pressure off him.

Player
Manager
John King
Slightly embarrassing that Bolton beat Stevenage with 10 men in the same week we lost with a full team. You've got to take your chances and the first goal can be crucial.
Not really. Southend are below them in the table and have just drawn away at the league leaders and were the better side.

Bolton were only down to ten men for a short period.

That is football.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Southend picking up a bit 4 points from difficult away games, but a good result for us. Shame Stevenage couldn’t have continued their midweek form...

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I looked for Oxford’s result tonight and found they were playing tomorrow. Not exactly ideal planning, so that must help us unless they were planning to field a second string side anyway.

Player
Manager
John King
I looked for Oxford’s result tonight and found they were playing tomorrow. Not exactly ideal planning, so that must help us unless they were planning to field a second string side anyway.
Yes, they were due to play today but put the match back by twenty four hours to avoid a postponement.