• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Mariners v Rovers

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Blundell Park up next for Rovers, another ground where we seem to have a poor record. I have only seen one victory there. back in 1991 when a young Kenny Irons scored the winner.

The hosts have endured a pretty torrid time since promotion back to the League, with lowly finishes and relegation battles. They are at the wrong end of the table again this season, but are in reasonable form at the moment, earning a point at revitalised Northampton yesterday to follow impressive home victories against Crawley and MK Dons. They have some decent players like Danny Collins, Ben Pringle and Wes Thomas and clearly are not complete mugs. It will be another tough game.

In terms of our own selection, I would expect we will start with the same team in a 442. We are more creative when Cole plays behind Norwood, but even if he is fit I can not see Mellon starting with a 4213 formation away from home, where our record is patchy. I am a big fan of Jonny Smith and want to see him back in the side soon, but DMH has definitely improved in the last couple of games - starting from a low base admittedly - and deserves to keep his place in my view. Fatigue hopefully will not be an issue, as there has been quite a bit of natural rotation in the last couple of weeks.

I doubt more than 200 SWA will travel to this one. To stay in touch with the leading pack, we really need three points.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I saw us win there in the 90s think Gary Jones got the winner and also a 0-0when we ended with 9 men.

There’s a case for some adjustments to Saturday’s line-up, though more merit to DMHs harrying and protecting defenders in away games. If MM starts the same line-up he must be prepared to use the full range of subs.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We really need to win this one, could be quite close think we will just about win 2 1

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The only time I've been to Blundell Park was for a grim 0-0 in our First Division days. It was a while ago, as Steve Vickers was playing! Since then, both clubs have had parallel journeys down to the NL and back up to League Two. Unlike us, the Mariners have lost their upward momentum, but recent results show they can cause problems. I think our recent wobbles will mean another draw would be a good result. I would be made up if we could win, but that is expecting a lot.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Let's hope it's not a grim 0-0 this time!

Player
ian goodison
only booked a trip up to Scotland at the start of the year departing bloody sunday then they change the day of the match gutted

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'll be watching on ifollow. Hope it's a good match. Come on Rovers!!

Player
aldo
looking at the weather im sooooooooooooo happy to be in a warm kitchen tonight . good on the fans who get there hope its worth the travel and weather . come on rovers the mull and the lord and connor getting the goals

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
No real surprise with the line-up. Sounds like the weather could be a factor.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
God help us when he leaves.

Need to go on and get a second now as we have conceded on our travels this season

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
FFS that’s another 2 goals conceded on our travels. Our goals conceded record away from home is pretty poor

rossb07

Player
Adam Buxton
Can't fault the 2nd goal. Thomas has quite obviously stretched his arm out to put the ball in. 1st was a good ball in the box tbf.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Second Grimsby goal was handball, Thomas punched it into the net. We were the better side for the majority of the half, poor play from both fill backs let them back in it. McKeown made a couple of great saves at 1-0 to keep them in it.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Should be able to manage a game better from taking the lead. Officials ought to have seen the handball or one of those things?