• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Manchester City

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I see City have won their appeal against a European ban for breaching FFP rules but were still found guilty of hindering UEFA’s investigation and required to pay a fine which is small change to them. It rather stinks. Why would you hinder when you have nothing to hide? The EPL are the other winners, as if the ban had been upheld, they too would have been under pressure to punish City.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I think that this reflects badly on UEFA and credit to Cas. The easiest thing would have been to uphold the decision. Without being an expert in the politics of this it seems generally accepted that UEFA are not exactly pro-English. I suspect the biggest "stink" is the botched investigation and ruling by UEFA rather than there being "no smoke without fire". IF City were certain of their innocence and a flawed investigation geared towards one result, I have some sympathy with their reluctance to co-operate. This is certainly a major embarrassment for UEFA.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
While it will be interesting to see the full ruling, when it is released, there is a suspicion UEFA were pushed into this by some of the powerful old guard European clubs like Real Madrid and Bayern Munich. It does UEFA little credit for one of their representatives suggesting that City were guilty before they'd concluded their own investigation, casting doubts on it's fairness. It's basic law not to proceed with matters which are time-barred which is one of the reasons for dismissing some of the charges.

Player
aldo
the same shit different day they prob paid a bung to get out of it the fair play rule is garbage they won't want there jewels not playing in it makes ya made if it was us we would be chucked on the scrap heap are they the EFL in disguise

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
the same shit different day they prob paid a bung to get out of it the fair play rule is garbage they won't want there jewels not playing in it makes ya made if it was us we would be chucked on the scrap heap are they the EFL in disguise
CAS?