• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Manager next season

Foz

Player
Terry Gornell

I'm impressed with Les personally. His signings have been good. He seems to have handled the Bain situation well also. We have been getting plenty of points and would be midtable on his current form. I don't see why we should change it. i think that is risky because i don't see who we are going to get who will know the situation at the club better. He has shown that he can delegate to Wayne Allison and Shaun Garnett in terms of coaching and make decent decsions on team shape and personel. He will get much better with experience. I realy don't think we should change unless someone with a proven record is available and to be frank would they not be too expensive?

DixieDean

You're right, I'd forgotten about Kingy's first coming. I take it you don't think a manager from non-league could do a job for us then?

I'm sure there are decent managers in non-league, but I would guess that PJ will not be prepared to pay any club compensation - Think about it, when was the last time we appointed someone who was still manager at another club? Was it John King's return from non-league?
As far as I can remember everyone since then has not been manager at another club when we signed them.
So, maybe we can assume it's going to be someone out of work. Generally that suggests they failed at their previous club - or walked away like Coppell did - which many would treat as failure anyway.

Also, how many decent managers walk away and then don't get picked up by a decent club? Hmm. And if they are decent, experienced managers then they will have much higher wage demands than the likes of Les Parry.

In my opinion picking a manager at this level (or any level really) is a total minefield and there are never any guarantees of success.

I personally think that Les will be given a chance to bring in his own players in the summer, albeit free transfers. But at least they will be HIS signings rather than having to work with the totally chud that Barnes brought in.