• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

MacManaman

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
What is going on with him ?

He was superb today and at Bradford, and if he had performed like that all season he would be the best player in the division, similar to Hoolihan for Cambridge last year. The cynic in me says he has just started putting the effort in now as his contract is due to expire, but either way he will be an asset in the play offs on current form if we do get there.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Very frustrating as he's done nothing for months. Not the type of player we need to keep due to inconsistencies but if he gets us through the next few games, I'll be happy.

ADD

Player
Norwood

He was superb today and at Bradford, and if he had performed like that all season he would be the best player in the division, similar to Hoolihan for Cambridge last year. The cynic in me says he has just started putting the effort in now as his contract is due to expire, but either way he will be an asset in the play offs on current form if we do get there.
I share your cynicism on this one RLC...

Player
Manager
John King
I share your cynicism on this one RLC...
It is a waste of talent, as he is still relatively young at 31. He could still be playing Championship / League One if he was prepared to put the effort in.

Reactions: Ian

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir

Quality today but rarely put in the effort all season, too often he hasn't looked interested and hopefully we will not keep him next season

Reactions: Ian

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
In his post match interview he suggests he perhaps thought this wasn’t his level. I’m guessing he hasn’t liked the hustle and bustle and aggressiveness in some league two games And as RLC says would perhaps suit a higher level where more football is played

drwhoman

I would keep an open mind. If CM gets us promotion, unlikely though that may be at present, then he might be more motivated in L1. He is good enough and getting players of the right quality is never easy. That said, we have no idea what is going on in people's personal lives. As we all know this can impact on performance at work. Players are only like everyone else. On to Saturday!

Player
Manager
John King
I would be very reluctant to give him a contract, regardless of how he plays in the next few matches. He is one of, if not the, highest paid players at the club and he has basically downed tools for eight months.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
There are going to be some interesting decisions to be made in regards to the out of contract players and I expect most to leave

Player
Manager
John King
I still think we are in a stronger position than last summer. There are six or seven under contract, and three or four others we will definitely offer deals to, which gives us the core of a decent side for next season.

Crucially, we have got two very good strikers under contract.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I still think we are in a stronger position than last summer. There are six or seven under contract, and three or four others we will definitely offer deals to, which gives us the core of a decent side for next season.

Crucially, we have got two very good strikers under contract.
6 under contract with the option to extend Jolley to make it 7.
I think most of the out of contract players will probably move on and doubt we will see any of the loan players return

Player
Manager
John King
6 under contract with the option to extend Jolley to make it 7.
I think most of the out of contract players will probably move on and doubt we will see any of the loan players return
I think we will want to keep Morris, MacDonald and Davies. Morris will probably move on, but I think we have a chance of keeping the other two.

Spearing, Foley and Clarke might be offered one year deals, depending on what division we are in and whether they want to carry on.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Mcmanaman has undoubtedly underperformed during the course of the season. However, Micky doesn't generally tolerate slackers, yet Calum has been a regular squad players and given a few sub cameos when not in the first team. I've no inside knowledge, but perhaps there are other reasons not in the public domain as to why he's been below par?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think we will want to keep Morris, MacDonald and Davies. Morris will probably move on, but I think we have a chance of keeping the other two.

Spearing, Foley and Clarke might be offered one year deals, depending on what division we are in and whether they want to carry on.
I agree on the first 3 and also expect Morris to leave.
I personally wouldn't offer a deal to foley or Clarke and think Spearing will call it a day in the summer

Player
Manager
John King
Mcmanaman has undoubtedly underperformed during the course of the season. However, Micky doesn't generally tolerate slackers, yet Calum has been a regular squad players and given a few sub cameos when not in the first team. I've no inside knowledge, but perhaps there are other reasons not in the public domain as to why he's been below par?
It is a strange situation, that is for sure.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Good point Boz re his application in training.
Interesting interview after the game.... he comes across as bit shy but he admitted he has been lacking in confidence for quite a while and that recently MM has been tellling him to demand the ball constantly.
As Sparky already said above in the interview at the end he said he had also got it into his mind that this level of football with the physicality, lack of space and bang it forward mentality wasn't perhaps suited to him.
Either way him performing like that for the remainder of the season will will be a major asset if he can do it for us as as RLC also said above at his best he is still far better than L2 - we sadly for whatever reason just haven't seen it anywhere near enough this season!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think it’s all mental with him. He has the ability but not quite the attitude. Probably why he found himself playing in the Australian league.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
In his post match interview he suggests he perhaps thought this wasn’t his level. I’m guessing he hasn’t liked the hustle and bustle and aggressiveness in some league two games And as RLC says would perhaps suit a higher level where more football is played
Agree - the hustle/bustle may not to to his liking. I also detected a possible feint criticism of how we play sometimes. Obviously everything needs to be his way before he does the business.
I got a similar vibe during a Hemmings interview. Might be weighted if coming to Prenton wasn't the move he envisaged.

drwhoman

Agree - the hustle/bustle may not to to his liking. I also detected a possible feint criticism of how we play sometimes. Obviously everything needs to be his way before he does the business.
I got a similar vibe during a Hemmings interview. Might be weighted if coming to Prenton wasn't the move he envisaged.
I agree that players who have performed at a higher level might feel that L2 is a bot of a come down but the choice is their’s at the end of the day. Ian mentioned the A League. Well we get a few English players who come down here and do not stay very long for whatever reason. Yet you get others like Le Fondre, the former Bolton striker, who played for Sydney for a while. McManaman was with Perth? If so, it is the most isolated city in the world with a population of over 500k! It is closer to Jakarta than Sydney!