• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Macclesfield punishment v Bolton

ADD

Player
Norwood
So Bolton who did not fulfil 2 fixtures get all their points suspended yet Macc get deducted 6 points for exactly the same offence. Go figure!
I appreciate that the EFL have appealed the supposed independent judgement against Bolton but MP needs to be instructing lawyers now to formally object to this as given where we are Bolton have to be one one of the sides that finish below us if we are to stay up....
As of now before they spend big In January they are "only" 15 points behind us but over the last 6 games they have got 6 points more than us so if we both continue similarly to how we are now they will finish above us!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
As of now before they spend big In January they are "only" 15 points behind us but over the last 6 games they have got 6 points more than us so if we both continue similarly to how we are now they will finish above us!!
That's a terrifying thought!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We can't take it for granted that any of the teams below us will not start to pick up points. As an indication of how poor we have been this season, if Bolton had started on zero points, they would now be just three points behind us with two games in hand. Southend may look doomed, but if they can just hold onto the leads they often have at half-time, they will soon pick up lots more points. MK Dons have the cash to improve the squad in January under their new manager. We need to start playing with more confidence, particularly defending set pieces and hopefully bring in two or three in the New Year while shipping out a few.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think MK Dons may well overtake us, as they have reasonable resources and will spend money in January. However, I would be amazed if either Bolton or Southend do. I think we are effectively fighting to avoid one relegation place.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Exactly the reason it was so important to gain promotion into EFL1 this season because of the Bury/Bolton plight! Literally this time last year it became obvious this would be our greatest opportunity for survival if promotion came to fruition as it did.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Bolton's suspended points deduction is upheld. I REALLY don't understand this and, unless I am missing something, it is scandalous!

• Wow
Reactions: Ian

ADD

Player
Norwood
I don't want to be negative as to our prospects but the discrepancy between Macclesfield and Bolton seems totally unjustifiable...
I suggest MP gets onto some lawyers he worked with right away.... or EFL should appeal to CAS

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Macc will now appeal against their deduction - and I don't blame them at all. However, if they are successful are we saying that there are no points deductions for cancelling fixtures? Fines rather than points deductions seems far less fair as it has a lesser impact on the "haves" than the "have nots". The ultimate end-game is that eventually a team will tactically "pay" to cancel a fixture because it suits a particular circumstance! Madness!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Why did the league refer Bolton to an independent panel yet dealt with Macclesfield themselves, there is more to this than meets the eye I'm sure.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Why did the league refer Bolton to an independent panel yet dealt with Macclesfield themselves, there is more to this than meets the eye I'm sure.
Preferential treatment for a 'big' club and Taylor's involvement probably.