• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Luke Pilling

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Called up to the full Welsh squad. Congratulations to him and yet more good news for the club.

It will be interesting to see whether he stays. Mellon was reluctant to use him when Davies was injured (understandably, in my view) and there must be other clubs interested.

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’ll be amazed if he stays RLC. He only signed a 1 year deal last summer and turned down a move to brentford.

He’ll want first team football and won’t get it with us

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Our top two keepers at the start of the season Davies and Pilling both appear to have gone backwards since Nixon took over the goalkeeping coach role.

No chance Pilling will stick around I'm afraid.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Also no guarantee he’ll get games if he moves to another club. MM might have plans for him, especially now that we are up. He probably sees him as a promising young keeper that needs some competitive games. Will we now have a reserve team again ? Will he get more opportunities ?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Also no guarantee he’ll get games if he moves to another club. MM might have plans for him, especially now that we are up. He probably sees him as a promising young keeper that needs some competitive games. Will we now have a reserve team again ? Will he get more opportunities ?
It will definitely be easier to blood young players in the League than it was in the NL. Mellon did not want to risk youngsters in a situation where we had to win virtually every game to compete for automatic promotion, but there won't be quite the same pressure in League Two.