• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

lord norwood

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Agree that Micky may well be planning life without Nors next season - altho it’s hard to plan when u don’t knows what division you will be in.

As RLC points out, Nors will get better offers than cookie and Norburn. The latter 2 left us after very good seasons in the national league but were unproven in the football league. Nors has proven he can do the business in league 2 so at the very least ambitious league 1 clubs will want him.

You couldn’t blame him and he’ll always be a legend in my eyes for what he’s done in his time with us. Football is a short career. He could lose his pace one day and then where would he be. I know he is very happy on the Wirral but there will be plenty of southern clubs after him closer to his family home

So whether we go up or not, really can’t see him being here next season so let’s enjoy his last few games which hopefully will fire us to promotion

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
There must surely have been enquiries about Nors in the last transfer window. That being so, M and N deserve huge credit for not buckling.
Nors? Even greater credit to him. He would have been aware of interest from likely very attractive suitors yet he's been unflinching for the SWA cause.
The social media hounding he's had about signing a new contract, undoubtedly with good intentions, has been tiresome and I hope when goes he has not one jot of "he's turned his back on us" and is good in himself about it.
The picture of him on his knees at the corner flag at Wembley will adorn the walls of PP forever.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The picture of him on his knees at the corner flag at Wembley will adorn the walls of PP forever.
That one match ensured his "legend" status. A brilliant assist and an unforgettable winning goal. We owe him a lot. He should be able to leave with everyone's blessing and good wishes.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Absolutely. Whilst I would be gutted to see him leave, he's played a huge part in reviving this club over the last few years and that day at Wembley goes down as one of the best. I wish him all the best wherever he ends up.

drwhoman

Nominated as an EFL player of the season - no surprise! I see FGR are home to MK Dons on Sat - a home win and we beat Carlile will close the gap again to the automatic promotion places!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Nominated as an EFL player of the season - no surprise! I see FGR are home to MK Dons on Sat - a home win and we beat Carlile will close the gap again to the automatic promotion places!

MK Dons next 3 games are Forest Green Lincoln and us

Player
aldo
imagine when we play the dons . its gonna be a sell out if things pan out the way its going . would also imagine a home sell out for the veggies .

Player
aldo
with nors topping the scoring charts . scottie is topping the clean sheets one . he is getting close to 80 for us now . the new goal keeping coach looks to have made a massive difference . makes you wonder what nixon was doing with em .

rossb07

Player
Adam Buxton
5th best clean sheet record in the top 4 tiers and level top in the league with MK and Mansfield.

Was surprised to see no Scotty or any of our defence in the voted for by managers team of the season.

Back on point, Nors deservedly in there and must be a shoe-in for player of the season!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Was surprised to see no Scotty or any of our defence in the voted for by managers team of the season.
Scotty certainly deserves a nomination but our back four has changed a lot this season, although Manny has played a lot. Remember there are a lot of very good players with other clubs. If not, we'd be walking away with the title. ;)

Player
ian goodison
with nors topping the scoring charts . scottie is topping the clean sheets one . he is getting close to 80 for us now . the new goal keeping coach looks to have made a massive difference . makes you wonder what nixon was doing with em .
to me all Nixon seemed to do was stand around with cups of coffee in his hands joke of an appointment to me

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Scotty certainly deserves a nomination but our back four has changed a lot this season, although Manny has played a lot. Remember there are a lot of very good players with other clubs. If not, we'd be walking away with the title. ;)
In fairness, I have not seen a better centre back than Manny this season, or a better right back than Caprice.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Remember when Manny first joined and we were a little unsure. It's incredible how much these players have improved under Micky.

Player
aldo
NORWOOD said in his post match talk that he got wind that united had mad plans to stop him . so he said i studied . them to find ways to counter them . well i must say well played NORWOOD for showing that if you do the work you get the goodies to go with it

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Some sources suggesting Nors has agreed a 3 year deal with Huddersfield. Although relegated from the PL, it would be a great move for Nors albeit only a rumour

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Some sources suggesting Nors has agreed a 3 year deal with Huddersfield. Although relegated from the PL, it would be a great move for Nors albeit only a rumour
We've heard so many rumours about him, I won't believe anything till it is announced. However, it would be Championship football and the Terriers will have enough parachute money to beat any deal we could offer. But if he likes living in the area and wants an easy journey to work, he'd be better off at Wigan, Preston or Blackburn.