• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

lord norwood

Player
aldo
Cant wait for the transfer window to shut . We need to get the man the best contract we can and tie him down . He has scored 5 in his last 2 / 11 in 11 . And 53 in 108 games thats bloody great when you considered he missed so meney one on ones last season. Love the noors . And he quite loves us to get him contracted up

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Part of me worries that we’ve left it too late. Yes he loves the club and all that but a footballers career is short and I’m sure league 1 clubs are looking at him, especially some in the south where he’s from.

Losing cookie on a free transfer was tough but at least he helped us go up. I can’t see MP ever selling Nors, even if silly offers came in, but James may look at what he could earn in league 1 and run his contract down.

Hope I’m wrong. Yes he loves the club but money talks in a short career

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The most important bit of business we can do this summer/season is get him to sign a new contract

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
One thing I'm sure of is that James will have had an extended and improved contract on his desk for at least a year. The ball's in his court. All MP can do is improve the offer.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
As I said previously, in 2016 Norwood signed an extension with eight months left on his existing contract. We will make a similar offer this season and the rest is down to the player and his agent.

We offer the wages we can afford to pay and we can't hold a gun to anybody's head.

Player
aldo
we can give him more now than we could b4 . lets just hope and pray we need a good cup run or two . we havent had one in years in a proper cup comp .

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Until I looked it up today, I was unaware of James Norwood's history. He's a man with a point to prove. He was born and brought up in Eastbourne on the south coast, where he was privately educated. He captained his school to the English FA Schools Trophy and was capped for England schoolboys, for whom he first played at the new Wembley Stadium. He signed for his local team, Eastbourne Town, but within a year he was snapped up by Exeter City and soon afterwards made his league debut when only 18 years old. He only played four times for Exeter without scoring a goal and was released after two years. He joined Forest Green Rovers and stayed for four years, scoring 48 times in 149 games to become their all-time record NL goalscorer. He became a regular and eventually captain of England's non-league international team, but despite this he was released at the end of his contract.

We all know the rest of his story. I hadn't realised what a rollercoaster he'd been on until he joined Rovers. Sadly, he won't be playing against Exeter this season but he will have another chance to show FGR what they missed out on. It's a triumph for self-belief. Saturday will have given him a lot of satisfaction, having finally scored his first two goals in the Football League - hopefully the first of many with Tranmere Rovers.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
I also didn't realise he'd played league football before, albeit briefly.
He's waited long enough to prove his point.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
9 years I think he said in his post match interview.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Thanks BBTC. An interesting read.

Just wish we’d sort out a new contract for him!!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Don’t want to mention his contract again but whilst I’ve heard the club won’t discuss contracts until Xmas, surely they should make an exception for Nors.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Don’t want to mention his contract again but whilst I’ve heard the club won’t discuss contracts until Xmas, surely they should make an exception for Nors.
Frankly, there are no other players we need to be tying up any longer. Davies, Jennings, Caprice, Ellis, Banks and probably Mullin have new two-year deals. Apart from Norwood, who else needs to have a longer deal now? I think they all need at least until New Year to earn one.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
If I was Nors I wouldn't be wanting to discuss a new contract before Xmas anyway!

Player
aldo
well if thats what they are doing its crazy the guy is on fire prob the best form of his life . other teams are gonna be sniffing around . remember when mp and np took over they said we would have to sell players to make the club break even . letting cookies contract run down was bad letting Noorwoods do the same would be dam rright stupid. the fans love him he loves the club give the man what he deserves . / oh it would be great if some of the other players could chip in and help by scoring some aswell ta