• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Looking ahead

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Time to get out your crystal ball and share with us what you see for next season. Who do you think we will be able to hang on to? Ronnie's ability to wheel and deal and bring in players been quite impressive so far, so are you expecting to be pleasantly surprised by summer signings? Perhaps you don't think Ronnie will even be in charge next season? Let us know your view.

Player
John Aldridge
Interestingly enough I've just read on the bbc website that both Moore and Shirtliff are out of contract this summer too. Do we know who else will be out of contract?

Player
Curran,Humey,R.Taylor,Goodison,Jacko,Robbo
Time for anew gaffer i think!!
Mike Newell
Peter Reid
Bryan Robson
Martin Allen
Richard Money(left walsall today)
Andy Ritchie
Plays i think we should get are
Joe Kuffour only if bourmouth go down
Same as Cooper from Bourmouth
Poul Hubertz from northampton
Akinfenwa from northhampton
Lee Frecklington from lincoln city gd young mid
Darren Huckerby heard he was leaving norwich
Max Alain-Gradel on loan to bourmouth from Leicester and went past Andy Taylor at dean court like he wasnt there
Liam Davies of Coventy
Stephen Hughes of Coventy

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Time for anew gaffer i think!!
Mike Newell
Peter Reid
Bryan Robson
Martin Allen
Richard Money(left walsall today)
Andy Ritchie
Plays i think we should get are
Joe Kuffour only if bourmouth go down
Same as Cooper from Bourmouth
Poul Hubertz from northampton
Akinfenwa from northhampton
Lee Frecklington from lincoln city gd young mid
Darren Huckerby heard he was leaving norwich
Max Alain-Gradel on loan to bourmouth from Leicester and went past Andy Taylor at dean court like he wasnt there
Liam Davies of Coventy
Stephen Hughes of Coventy

I agree about a new gaffer. Ronnie hasn't done it for me. From your list, Martin Allen has to be my favourite, good character, bit of a taskmaster, did superbly at Brentford. Out of the others you've given, nobody really takes my fancy.

As for players, i dunno really. I haven't really seen any one from opposition teams that I've said, oh I wish we signed him.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Bryan Robson! LOL

I think it's silly to be talking about changing managers. Ronnie's had a fairly good season. Not sure what changing the manager will really achieve. You've got to give him time, this was only his second season in charge! [-X

His record is listed here:
http://whitereview.co.uk/matchday/player.php?id=69

Win ratio is about 40%.

It all depends on who Ronnie can bring into the squad.
I've said before I think we are a few players short of a top six side. If Ronnie can strengthen in those areas, then I think we'll have a good season.

Look at the team he inherited and the team we have now. We know they are good individual players. Ronnie needs to work on basics like set pieces, and I'd like to see more emphasis on feeding the ball to the wide men, playing it on the floor instead of hoofing it in the air.

There are elements I'd like to see changed, but you can't have everything. A manager will always make decisions that displease certain fans, and please others, no mater who it is!

I've got faith in Ronnie though and more importantly so do the board!

Player
Goodison
I wouldn't want Martin Allen - his football is terrible and he'll just leave whenever a new job comes along like at MK Dons. I wouldn't take Andy Ritchie either as apparently he is very similar to Ronnie Moore - hoofball, no subs, excuse making and deosn't give young players a chance.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Here's my two-penneth.

Ronnie is a good manager, and quite simply there's no way we would get anybody better. He's moved us forward, slowly yes, but forward. That's with not only no money to spend but also being told to decrease the wage bill year on year. Now this next bit depends on your viewpoint, either 'the club' is cynical, or shrewd, to leave his and his assistant's contracts up in the air for the moment, as given the choice between being out of work or in work with a pay-freeze or perhaps even a pay-cut...! So anyway I think Ronnie will still be with us next season. Which is a good thing because it takes time and stability to really build things, and so many clubs change their manager so often it makes no sense to me. Success takes time and managers need to be given that time.

I really really hope we can give Jenno a contract and more to the point I really hope a Doncaster, Orient or even a Grimsby don't come in for him with a better offer than what we are able to offer. Because we've seen it over and over that if we don't have good young players tied to a contract, they will follow the money. So although I'm hopeful he'll be with us next year, I'm preparing myself for the worst news.

I do think that Davies will stay put. He's a good lad, and probably knows that his best chance of first team football will be with us.

As for who we might bring in, Ronnie has done well before as far as signings go and I am hoping to see a few new players during the close season.

Player
John Aldridge
There's no way we'd ever allow Richard Money to manage this club, he has the shortened name of Dick Dosh for christs sake, we'd be a laughing stock for sure....

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Richard Money did a good job at Walsall, did play some youngsters and was undermined by his chairman selling a couple of key players to Coventry in the window. Regardless of the nickname, he seems one of the better options on the available list. Wouldn't want Allen as he brings a circle of support staff with him, which we can't support.

Ronnie has alienated me by his handling of the younger players. Credit for developing Davies as a left-winger, but his treatment of Jones, dropped in favour of the erratic JMW played out of position and Curran only given 3 minute cameos as a time-wasting tactic are poor man-management. Unimpressed with his comments about not fielding youngsters in the last two games of the season. If we were to give him a new contract, it should be with performance related elements relating to our league position and utilising home-grown talent.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Keep Ronnie for another season I say. In my opinion just as we'd be doing well with Martin Allen he'd up and leave for a bigger club. If he can bring in another couple of good additions and we keep Davo we'll be pushing for automatics next season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
A football club needs stability. You can't and won't find success by changing things every season. Give Ronnie a chance, 2 years at the helm is hardly enough time. I'm sure you'd agree, he's no Brian Little or Dave Watson. Just give the guy a chance.. He needs time.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Ronnie is a good manager, and quite simply there's no way we would get anybody better. He's moved us forward, slowly yes, but forward. That's with not only no money to spend but also being told to decrease the wage bill year on year. Now this next bit depends on your viewpoint, either 'the club' is cynical, or shrewd, to leave his and his assistant's contracts up in the air for the moment, as given the choice between being out of work or in work with a pay-freeze or perhaps even a pay-cut...! So anyway I think Ronnie will still be with us next season. Which is a good thing because it takes time and stability to really build things, and so many clubs change their manager so often it makes no sense to me. Success takes time and managers need to be given that time.

I couldn't be more in agreement. Everyone dashes to the gallows at the end of every season if we don't get promoted or reach the playoffs. With the resources he's had, I do think Ronnie's done a decent job of it. He's brought in a few key signings and yes, if you leave a manager there for a little longer than the norm, we can get a bit more stability. Last season Ronnie spent the whole campaign telling us that someone would get a good trashing by us and it never happened. I think on a few occasions this season we've been much stronger and showed a lot more promise. Yes we dropped form toward the end but I do think it's an improvement on last season.

We haven't dropped below the top half at all. After the opening day robbing by Leeds, we went on a 10 game unbeaten run, and then after christmas we went 8 games unbeaten. That's not a bad season in my book. Ok we're not up for promotion, again. But at least we haven't disgraced ourselves and I'm looking forward to seeing what goes on during the break.

evo_trfc

Moores done a great job imo, personally i feel the squad is mid table at best but ive been proved wrong. He needs to sign some players in the window and with some of the talent thats been released then i would hope he would pick some of them up- i mean Paul Wooton is an unbelivable player and he's on a free.

The seasons over for now clear out some of the dead weight at the club and get some fresh new talent in and try to push on next season.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Ronnie is saying our away form cost us promotion. If only it was that simple. Our home form wasn't that good either. Everyone in the top six (apart from Southend) got more points at home.

What cost us was our inability to score more goals. Our defensive record (47 conceded) was our best for years, but we scored 12 less than Carlisle and 30 less than Swansea. This meant we couldn't always kill off the opposition. We are probably the most inconsistent team in the division. We got 17 points against the top six but only managed 21 against the bottom six. Against the top six, we lost only once away (at Forest) but against the bottom six we lost three times away!

Player
Curran,Humey,R.Taylor,Goodison,Jacko,Robbo
He Just Can't Blame That Yes ARE Away FORM For This Season Has Been Poor Apart The First Couple Untill Swindon Beat Us!!he Puts The Team Out Everyweek So He Has To Take Some Of The Blame!!like When We Played Northampton On Satdeee Why Start Kay An Macca In Centre Mid??why Not Kay An Jenno They Played Well Togother When We Played Southend An Kay An Macca Are Like The Same Player They Play To Deep But Then Realy All Are Mid Has This Season When Were On The Break An The Forwards Support Whos There???or When The Ball Comes Out From A Corner Or Throw In Or Something No1 Is There!!i Say Bring In Mike Newell Or Martin Allen!!!
I Also Heard On The Radio Last Week We Were In Talks With Mike Newell

Player
Liam Palmer
I said before the season that Forest, Swansea and Leeds would go up, and I'm gonna be proved right. They have the most resources and they were the best three teams, so they deserve it. I am glad they're going, cos it should make League One a more even division next year, with Col U's, Scunty coming down and three average clubs up from League Two. Leicester will probably struggle for a bit (like Forest and Wednesday) so it's probably as wide open as it has been for years. Add to that Doncaster are losing wads of cash every week and will have to make cut-backs (their wage bill is 3x ours!!!), Carlisle cannot be as jammy for another season, etc. etc.

This gives us a good chance, but we will need to improve. Can RM make that improvement happen? Dunno. Would a new manager help. Dunno. Do we want the club to be taken over by some shady foreign company which could either bring investment or chaos. Dunno.

More questions than answers, but I would say if we don't go up next season, when the f*ck will we ever go up. We are in danger of being beached forever in League One. Maybe relegation two years ago would have been a blessing. Look at Carlisle, Donny, MK Scums, even Ereford. Clubs went down and are now going somewhere.

Confused? I'am. Happy hols boys and girls! :lol:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Both Peterborough and MKD have reasonable funding in place and should do ok in L1. Quite hope Leeds don't go up, tho' will be the strongest team in this League if they don't. Would like either Rochdale or Darlington to come up, as 2 grounds I've never seen us play on...not been to Darlington ever.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We are in danger of being beached forever in League One.
This is my biggest fear. We settling in nicely to the old division one, which is why we were in it for 10 years! Will the same happen in this division? Let's not get cosy. Or is it too late? Are we just an average side in this division now. League tables don't lie.. (well, unless you've had points deducted!) :-s