• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Loan Signings

Colin K

Player
Ryan Taylor
It seems to me that all has been quiet in terms of loan signings compared to previous seasons. I personally believe that it is a good thing that Brabbin is looking to piece together a squad with experience that will play with each other consistently, rather than looking to source quick fixes with unproven players. I do expect to see some comings and goings in terms of loans once teams have settled and established their playing squads, but at the moment I am generally happy with who we have (especially the abundance of attacking potential!).

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I totally agree. We've had some great loan signings (Ben Gibson, Jake Cassidy), but if they are successful they get recalled and our form often suffers as a result. We've had our share of poor ones, too. It looks like GB's strategy is to do without long-term loanees, but with a small squad he will have to use some short-term, emergency loanees.

Paul Roach

Player
Ian Muir, Kenny Irons
I'm sure we will be fishing in the loan market only if we have a terrible injury crisis. It's great to see a good squad with options all over the pitch. I still think it might be an idea to get a comfortable right back to compliment the winger.