• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Light Shed On Bruce Mystery ?

B

Banana Army

Alex Bruce was today fined 500 pound fro abusive, indecent behaiviour according to the bbc. This was in his last game for us against bristol city, so may explain why linwood was suddenly recalled and why bruce was dropped. Also when bruce left the club 2 weeks later the headline wsa Bruce QUITS Tranmere, not Bruce Leaves Tranmere or something similar, which suggests to me that he walked out on the club after Little probably banned him for a while.

Player
Morrisey
Yeah rread that about 20mins ago!! He wqas dirty wasn't he!! I think Francis is a better player!!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Super_white_army said:
Yeah rread that about 20mins ago!! He wqas dirty wasn't he!! I think Francis is a better player!!

You THINK??? There is a major difference in class from what I've seen. Francis looks at ease at right back, Bruce didnt seem to know what he was supposed to be doing at times. Would take Francis over Bruce every time, no question.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
yer it was after the city gaem. who does he think he is eh?

ah well hes gone now and we have someone better.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I though Bruce would have been better than he actually was. At least we have Francis now!

R

rockferrywhites

light shed on bruce

i would definitly rather have francis and bruce, i never really rated bruce.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Alex has live to live under the shadow of his dad, but he's nowhere near in terms of quality. He's also a bit of a hot head. Francis seems to have settled in quickly and settled in well. Been far more composed than Alex ever was. Let's hope we keep hold of him for as long as possible.

I wonder where Alex will end up? I can't see him staying at Birmingham.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Living under that shadow can't be easy. I did think that Bruce had enough quality for this level at which we currently are at, perhaps not for us as we look to climb. Ian's described him as a 'hot head' but I'd just say he was prepared to show some commitment in a team of players (and manager) where that was lacking.

I do agree though that from what little I've seen of Francis he looks like a considerably better player, one who has a confident, assured air about his play.

Player
Morrisey
You THINK??? There is a major difference in class from what I've seen. Francis looks at ease at right back, Bruce didnt seem to know what he was supposed to be doing at times. Would take Francis over Bruce every time, no question.

I agree I think that he shows more maturity and plays like a right back rather than a Centre back out on the right. From what I have heard on here he seems to attack yet know that his job was to defend and know when to get back. something which I thought taylor lacked and sometimes as a result left us short at the back.

I haven't seen Francis play yet and would like to know how he compares to Taylor?

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Im happy that we have FRancis hes quality but Bruce I wasnta fan of

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I saw Francis at the Barnsley game and he was fairly steady. He did contribute to the attack on occasion and was comfortable on the right. Bruce was average, had been expecting something better on what the Owls fans who'd had him for a few months had told me.

Ryan Taylor worked a lot on the defensive side of his game, but the main area we miss him is at set pieces and I don't see Simon's strength in that area.