• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

LIAM PALMER

drwhoman

Is Liam the Championship midfielder we have kept hearing about? I had assumed someone more experienced. Anthony Kay has been mentioned by other contributors? I am sure he is a decent enough prospect. He has played for the Scottish junior teams despite the fact that he was born in England. Just goes to show how Scottish football has declined since the 1960s when Celtic won the European Cup and you could name a couple of teams of great Scottish players. Never heard of most of them now. The teams up there even seem quite satisfied to have Rangers in Div3. Will drive the Scottish game even further into the ground financially.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Sheffield Wed apparently rate him highly and he played a half decent part in their promotion campaign. Not particularly well known so not the most exciting signing of the season but I trust ronnie.

He sounds like a versatile player although I am still concerned about the centre mid positions as would prefer robbo further up plus he does get injured.

I would hope there are more signings to come although part may depend on the Akins situation.

On the subject of signings, apparently both burgess and apko have problems with their knees that are affecting their pre season training - do we carry out medicals!?

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
4 CM's is fine. Wallace/Harrison/Palmer/Power. Robbo can play there for a bit if need be and we can always loan someone else in an emergency.