• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Leyton Orient

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Glad to see them back in the FL after the draw today. Wrexham in the play-offs.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes, they were always the team I wanted to win the NL. I would be happy for Wrexham to come up, provided we are in League One next season. Solihull look the best option of the rest. Needless to say, I hope Salford fall on their faces.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Great to see Stockport on their way back as well. They have won promotion to the NL and will hopefully be back in the Football League before too long.

drwhoman

Agree about LO and Stockport. The former were promoted to the old Division One in 1961-62 with Liverpool! On the subject of former league clubs it is interesting to reflect that six of them failed to get out of the NL North - Darlington, Chester, Southport, York, Kidderminster and Hereford while Bradford PA are in the play offs. Thank God we avoided that, largely dur to Mark and Nicola. On a more positive note, Torquay were promoted from the NL South. I have always had a soft spot for them. Probably their geographical location!

drwhoman

On the same theme Thera are another six in the NL. Almost all the clubs are located in the north of England. Tells you something about the north/south financial divide. Very few ex league clubs in the NL South.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
On the same theme Thera are another six in the NL. Almost all the clubs are located in the north of England. Tells you something about the north/south financial divide. Very few ex league clubs in the NL South.
Isn't that in part due to a historic imbalance between the number of football clubs in the north and south? Growing up, the 4 divisions seemed to have a much more northern feel than they do now.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Isn't that in part due to a historic imbalance between the number of football clubs in the north and south? Growing up, the 4 divisions seemed to have a much more northern feel than they do now.
I think it's a money issue with clubs like FGR being bankrolled. Most of the "new" clubs coming up into the EFL have been from the south with a few from the midlands and hardly any from the north. The main exception is Wigan Athletic, but apart from Fleetwood, Morecambe and Macclesfield, I can't think of any others. Leagues One and Two are packed with Southern newbies. However, many of these new teams don't last - Maidstone, Kidderminster etc.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I think it's a money issue with clubs like FGR being bankrolled. Most of the "new" clubs coming up into the EFL have been from the south with a few from the midlands and hardly any from the north. The main exception is Wigan Athletic, but apart from Fleetwood, Morecambe and Macclesfield, I can't think of any others. Leagues One and Two are packed with Southern newbies. However, many of these new teams don't last - Maidstone, Kidderminster etc.
I agree in terms of most of the bankrolled clubs being southern based, though Fleetwood and Salford/Fylde, should they come up, fall into that category. My point was that historically there were more professional clubs based in the north due to the working class origins of the game, hence there was always going to be a higher proportion of northern sides dropping out of the league.

Player
aldo
lets hope Salford get stuffed . its still bloody raining last Saturday we where at the beach swimming amazing when you see today