• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Latics v Rovers

Match result

• Oldham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Latics v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Boundary Park
Tuesday, December 1, 2020 - 07:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, December 1, 2020 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Another 3 points and a good win, thought we were fairly comfortable after a big of a disjointed start. Up to 7th now, after such bad start flying now.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A really professional performance. We did not create hatfuls of chances, but I thought we controlled the game and were comfortably the better side. Oldham did not really lay a glove on us. We defended superbly as a team, and that defensive organisation is definitely something that Hill has added since he arrived.

I thought Clarke, Vaughan and Spearing were all excellent again in the spine of the team. Lewis got stuck in and is a good option to have away from home, MacDonald was impressive, and Manny was excellent with both his distribution and defending tonight. Lloyd was a real livewire when he came on.

It emphasises the quality of the squad when we can lose CBT, Woollery and Ferrier and yet there is no drop off in the standard of the performance. Lloyd and Khan are great players to bring off the bench at this level.

Man of the match Jay Spearing, superb with and without the ball.

Into the play off positions and only six points off top. Onwards and upwards.

Last edited:
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
When was the last time we won eight games in a row ? Somebody will know.

Player
aldo
well played lads think the last time we won 8 was when kingy was in Charge we won 9 in a row can't remember the year think it was in the early 90s, oh said it would be 1-0 had £10 on it get a few bob back. up to 7th, the people who gave mp and np so mutch sh%t when he came aboard have well and truly been shut up. well done Hill and MP

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Really good goal and excellent game management with some great performances throughout the team, with perhaps Spearing shading it for MOM.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Highly impressive defensive performance. Got the job done with the Vaughan goal and then sat back, didn't panic and restricted them to some long range efforts all game. We could even have doubled it when Feeney's cross outwitted the keeper. I have nothing but praise for the lads over the last few weeks. Amazing results and performances. The team is looking very strong, it's hard to pick a weak point at the moment and as mentioned above, the strength in depth is fantastic. Hill keeps his 100% record and we move onwards and upwards. SWA!!

Player
aldo
all i can say is fair play to Daws and Parky, and a Big Fair play to Hill who has been great in the week and a half he has been with rovers, when was the last time a new rovers boss won 3 games all 1-0 not in my life I think lol

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I didn't catch any of tonight's game, but it sounds like a comfortable Rovers win. Shame about Woolery's injury, as he's been looking decent recently. Danny Lloyd gets another chance, after the bright start v Wigan, he seemed to fall out of favour a bit.

While it's great that we've made up the lost ground and are now in a play-off spot. Though I can't help thinking what if, had we started the season with a manager with a more positive mindset, we might have taken points from games like Orient and Morecambe and been in an automatic spot. Massive credit to Dawes, Parky and Hill for turning it around getting us into the play-off spots and hopefully more of the same to come.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
At the moment, the club is employing the two best management teams in our history. Both Dawes/Parkinson and Hill have a100% win rate! ;)

BTW, third place is Gary Brabin, closely followed by Micky Mellon.

Player
aldo
looking at Accrington Stanly, they have won 4 of 5 since we beat them shows what a score we had against em if I'm honest

Player
ian goodison
would gladly have settled for a draw tonight but what a result made up for everyone as AM says its all gone quiet over there

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

ADD

Player
Norwood
Thoroughly professional yes. Looks great seeing the table now - only 4 points off automatics is impressive given our awful start and table tightening up as well with Newport having dropped points in last 2 games.
Only slight concern we are not creating as much as we did before - probably down to the opposition but last night for the first time in ages we did not have the majority of the posession and we were a little bit lose in giving the ball away too much. Hill commented on it in his post match interview which again was a good interview - no sound bites just genuine comments.
That said, they only had one genuine chance all night when that early header skipped just past the post and I can't remember when we last looked so solid on defensive set plays.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
As I said, these are the teams we need to beat if we are to end up in the automatic positions and it was comfortable for most if the night.

The spine I'd the team is very strong & very experienced, the competition for places is very good, ferrier & cbt should be back Saturday, onwards & upwards.

Player
aldo
and about time to as we have been to poor at them for a couple of years. win all games 1-0 I will be happy with Hill the 1-0 man lol

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
and about time to as we have been to poor at them for a couple of years.
Too right AM. Those cold away days to Oldham after getting beat were not joyful. It makes a refreshing change. Shame we couldn’t have been there this time.

Player
aldo
on our way where on our way to LG 1 where on our way how we get there I don,t know how we get there I don,t care all I know it Tranmere,s on our way repeat boys