• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Lairds 0, Rovers 9

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
An impressive start to pre-season for Rovers and particularly for Ryan Lowe, who got 4 goals by half-time. Was anyone there? How did the trialists fare?

TranmereWire

Player
Ian Goodison
Winger called Lafferty went quite well looked to beat his man often and get crosses in the box and also Aspas (brother of liverpool player Iago Aspas) did ok as well

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good to see the lads hit it off with a few goals.

Player
Nixon
I was there,
Nice game to watch.
Lowe is pure class simple as that!

Lafferty on the right wing was very good for a young lad and put a real shift in, doing the hard work too.
Max Power looked good but was given plenty of room.
Thompson in the left was hit n miss, beat his my with luck of the bounce rather than genuine skill.

2nd half:-
Robbo was very busy as always
ABB was good but tried to be too flash on a bumpy pitch sometimes.
Black lad at right back looked very solid, impressed with him.
Centre mid, there was a blonde lad (dunno his name), right footer. He was strong in the challenge, had vision and worked hard, defo a 'must keep' player.
Jake Kirby defo has skill but needs to learn off Wallace on how to shield the ball, even if the defender is bigger and stronger than he is.

In both halfs Mooney in goal looked very good, this lad will have a great future.

and the cheese burger was decent too. :)

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Decent game at Heswall on bumpy pitch. Lowe played second half and looked ok and I have to say Thompson looked fit and confident on left wing - played well. Quite a few trialists, but did not know who they were, although small guy in centre midfield (no. 4) looked good in first half team and showed some class. Left back in second half looked good and linked well with Thompson.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Decent game at Heswall on bumpy pitch. Lowe played second half and looked ok and I have to say Thompson looked fit and confident on left wing - played well. Quite a few trialists, but did not know who they were, although small guy in centre midfield (no. 4) looked good in first half team and showed some class. Left back in second half looked good and linked well with Thompson.

Further to my previous post the little midfielder who looked good, albeit only at Heswall, was Sacott Donnelly. He has played at a lower level, but can only say what we saw on the night - good vision and awareness - showed some class in a workman like night.:) By the way think left back was Horwood....good going forward and good talker!!