• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Koumas retires

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Sadly Jason has decided to hang up his boots. I had a feeling it was coming but I'd have loved to have seen him playing in the conference as his passing ability will be missed. Still, would be no good if he was injured for most of it which probably would have been the case.

Deserves a nice send off.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
His skills will be sorely missed but maybe the time is right to call it a day. Thanks for the subliminal goals and great memories Jason, and good luck with your future plans.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don't think the comeback was a great success. It took Jason some time into his first season back to approach match fitness, while last season, there were only flashes of brilliance, Adams didn't seem to rate him. The when he might have been in contention, Jason got injured again. In someways, having resumed playing, I'm a little disappointed that he hasn't continued with Rovers. Reading between the lines, perhaps Brabin had only indicated a minor role for Jason, hence the timing of his retirement as the new season is only a month away.
Hopefully we'll see Jason around in the future in a coaching capacity, but meanwhile, there are many positive memories to reflect upon from his Rovers career.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The most naturally gifted player I have seen in a rovers shirt and my favourite tranmere player of all time.

His comeback was not quite the success we hoped it would be, although he was stupidly sidelined by Adams, but the great memories more than compensate. Hopefully we will see him back at rovers in a coaching role in the near future.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I can only agree with the comments above. I assume the timing of this announcement is because his overall fitness level was being assessed by GB and I expect Gary wanted someone who would always last 90 minutes, which Jason rarely did last season. It's a shame, as he was often a game changer - even in his recent spell with the club. One of the highlights of last season (though I admit there weren't many) was Jason's equaliser in the cup-tie at Oxford, an exquisite curling shot from the edge of the area as he was running parallel with the goal-line.