• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

KH sacked

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It's been the season for it; Mourinho sacked before the EFL Cup Final and Hill gone after securing (stumbling into) a play off place. I'm sure that somebody more in the know than me can confirm if the Hill situation is unique.

For what it's worth I'm amazed but delighted with the decision; it probably appears a brave one from outside looking in but just feels logical to me. Hats off to MP for his decisiveness, though. If we lose in the play offs there will be little backlash since the majority of fans have got what they wanted.
Forest Green sacked Adrian Pennock just prior to the National League play offs five years ago and replaced him with Mark Cooper. That is the only other example I can think of.

Player
Manager
John King
Unbelievable, it looks like Derek Adams is leaving Morecambe to go to Bradford.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Fair play to MP. Didn't think he would do it but 100% he has made the right call. Shame he didn't do it slightly earlier but maybe there were behind the scenes discussions re severance package that delayed matters?
Dawes is under no pressure whatsoever in my book. He will have 100% support from each and every fan.... I am enthused for the first time in over a month!!

Alun

Player
Eddie Dagger Roberts
It's been the season for it; Mourinho sacked before the EFL Cup Final and Hill gone after securing (stumbling into) a play off place. I'm sure that somebody more in the know than me can confirm if the Hill situation is unique.

For what it's worth I'm amazed but delighted with the decision; it probably appears a brave one from outside looking in but just feels logical to me. Hats off to MP for his decisiveness, though. If we lose in the play offs there will be little backlash since the majority of fans have got what they wanted.
I may be wrong ONIGP, but didn`t Forest Green or was it Salford that sacked their manager after they had qualified for one of the play offs.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Like most of you, I am in shock. It is a brave and potentially costly move, but it shows how determined the owners are to get us back up and to keep us up.
I can only guess exactly why Mark did it. Some reasons have been mentioned, but I would assume that KH had lost the confidence of the senior players and others in the squad. Morale is unlikely to be good. I would also imagine that relations between manager and owners had become increasingly strained. Saturday’s interview may have been the last straw. I am sure fan discontent and the effect on season ticket sales will have played a part. It says a lot that there was no thank you or good wishes in the rather terse official statement.
Now we can all move on and be a bit more confident about the upcoming games.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Unbelievable, it looks like Derek Adams is leaving Morecambe to go to Bradford.
Wow is that happening now?? Can’t ever remember two teams meeting each other the play offs and changing their manager immediately before if it happens

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Bradford have put this out meaning they already have someone in place. Could it be Adam’s?!

“Plans are already in place with regards to the vacant managerial position, and the club is not seeking applicants for the role.”

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
I am of course relieved that Mr Hill has been shown the door.
But when you think about it, the next manager will be the fifth/sixth under Palios.
Only Mickey Mellon has lasted long enough to achieve success.

The other point is the timing. I think that the contract was date specific, or the end of the regular season, so maybe that's why he went. He was in no way a good fit for us.

C'mon the lads, this is the boost necessary to gain promotion.
Interesting starting eleven, I would think.

I hope that the next manager will be one who can incorporate the fans as Mickey did.

Player
aldo
I am so happy nearly crashed on my way back from work, now I am super positive let,s go lads let's hope they get CBT fired up, we have our club back let us smash it and even if we don,t go up hope it is entertaining in Daws and Parky we believe, S.W.A FOREVER

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes Palios record of manager choices hasn’t been great apart from Mellon.

that’s for another day though. You wonder if the decision to sack Keith involved any of the senior players eg Clarke, spearing, Vaughan and captain Scottie of course

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
I'm sure that gossip in the changing room found its way up to the board room.
And questions were asked. But direct input, I very much doubt it.

Player
Manager
John King
Yes Palios record of manager choices hasn’t been great apart from Mellon.

that’s for another day though. You wonder if the decision to sack Keith involved any of the senior players eg Clarke, spearing, Vaughan and captain Scottie of course
I am pretty sure it will have, indirectly at least.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
What is clear to me is that whatever division we are in next season there will be a clear out of players and whoever is the money manager will have a near blank canvas

tyke

Player
Geenacre
Bradford have put this out meaning they already have someone in place. Could it be Adam’s?!

“Plans are already in place with regards to the vacant managerial position, and the club is not seeking applicants for the role.”

My Bradford City mate says it's Richie Wellens.