• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

KH sacked

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It is a reasonable statement.

However, I did not find Hill a likeable person and I thought his behaviour in the final weeks of his time in charge - constant jibes at supporters and ultimately throwing both players and owner under a bus - was appalling and hardly that of a 'nice guy'.

Each to their own I guess.
We'll need to disagree on this, RLC. What happened near the end I put down to his inability to handle the pressure caused by external criticism and internal squabbles. His manner got progressively worse towards the end.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I did not like his manner in interviews from the very start. I found him cocky and verbose and there were needless digs at the supporters from the beginning.

I like Rob Edwards and Jackson and had nothing against Brabin, but could not take to Hill.

Player
Manager
John King
I never met him, but I can still judge his behaviour in a professional capacity.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
He didn't come across well imo, shifting the blame at every opportunity and constantly contradicting himself.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think he’s done this at every club he’s been at so I’d assume without meeting him that it is a pretty accurate judge of his character.

Maybe he’s a completely different person at home but we can only judge what we see and hear.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Strong rumours in Scotland that mickey is leaving Dundee united
Saw that. Post elsewhere said he's their Keith Hill. I can understand that in a way.
If the choice was Mickey or Dawes, I would go with Dawes.

Player
Manager
John King
Most of the supporters on their forum seem to think he has done a decent job. They certainly prefer him to the replacement that has been lined up.

Player
Manager
John King
Apparently Mellon was asked to work with a coach who is a relative of the Chairman and refused.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Mellon now bookies favourite or second with some

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Mellon now bookies favourite or second with some
There putting 2 & 2 together and getting 5.

Also cast your mind back to last summer, we had numerous favourites. If I put a tenner on say on say Paul ince to be manager his odds would tumble.

Player
Manager
John King
There seemed to be tension between Palios and Mellon in the months before he left, which would be a stumbling block I would imagine.