• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Kevin McCleod

Player
Morrisey
He is listed now because of his conduct and depending on what the money BL has is to be used for and depending on how much he has I think we should go for him! We also could use some of roberts' wages for him! He is the attacking winger we need in our side and would be the influence down the left hand-side to replace Roberts! He would be expensive and I am pretty sure he would be out of our budget but he might not be! This is a long shot but just thought I would mention it!

M

Matthew The Rover

Good shout mate. He's a fine player, former Everton if I remember rightly. Wouldn't mind seeing him here on trial in the summer

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes obviously depends on how much Swansea want for him... Maybe we would pay 25k-50k for him but couldn't see us paying any more for one player in my opinion.

Player
Morrisey
Hopefully he will be able to leave for around that, but I cannot see it! He is cracking! If he can go for that much then there will be teams like hull, Sheff wed and other championship/top of league one teams!

Can we make loan signings?

M

Matthew The Rover

Yes, that's what has annoyed me over the last few weeks since Simon left. We're allowed four loan players at one time and we only have three, I feel Brian should have strengthened.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
The loan deadline has passed now hasn't it? We are only allowed to bring in emergency loans now aren't we? So when Dino goes we can get a keeper as Achterberg is still out injured.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I think he's good player.

Not sure about Loan deadline, I've read on Sky Sports News, a few teams have signed a few palyers on loan, so I think we still can.

But, like Joe_TRFC said, getting a keeper for when Dino goes back is our priority. But if we can get Kevin McLeod its worth getting him.

M

Matthew The Rover

Chester have inquired about McLeod according to Sky Sports doesn't know who the **** Tranmere are News

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
We should definitely look at him in the summer to sign permantely. I reckon it would be good with Tremarco and McLeod down the left!

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I feel we need a winger on the right so I would welcome McLeod because hes a very good winger and can chip in with the goals. So I feel him on on wing and Sam Aiston on the other could work for us

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Saw him have a very good game when Swansea beat Bristol City 7-1, but from what my Swans friends say, he's not been consistent enough. Don't know what the current problem is, but with our wafer-thin squad could do without someone with an attitude problem.

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
See the Echo is linking us with a summer move for McLeod. Anyone know of any other names linked with us for the summer??

M

Matthew The Rover

Brian refused to give any names last night but he did say that Dino, O'Leary and Francis could all play for us again next year. He refused comment on the McLeod situation but judging by the look on Lorraine's face when his name was mentioned I would say it has some truth

DixieDean

Matthew The Rover said:
He refused comment on the McLeod situation but judging by the look on Lorraine's face when his name was mentioned I would say it has some truth

unless you saw her mouth the words "oh my God, they know..." I don't know how you could tell what she was thinking by the look on her face.... :lol: :wink: :lol:
This is a woman very much used to being in the public eye...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh, it's fairly promising news about Francis. I hope we can get him back for next season. That's something to cling onto...

Wasn't Theo mentioned as well? What's all that about?

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I think Francis would be great, but I'm not too sure, hes desting for bigger things him, his now int he prem with sheff utd thats were I think he belongs but of course I would love it if he rejoins us!

DixieDean

bolton_hater said:
I think Francis would be great, but I'm not too sure, hes desting for bigger things him, his now int he prem with sheff utd thats were I think he belongs but of course I would love it if he rejoins us!

if he is too young this season for the championship (hence going out on loan) i don't see how he could be ready for the prem next season. I reckon Sheff U will want to either loan him out for the entire season or will look to lighten the squad of the players they don't think are prem material. Here's hoping :-D

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Francis would be good even on loan and i'd be happy with Dino signing and possibly O'leary too. Back to McLeod if we can get him on a free in the summer I feel it would be a great signing. Would be just what we need for the left wing to play infront of young Carl Tremarco.