• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

just a thought imagine if we get to Wembley in the play offs

Player
aldo
just imagine if we have to play the playoffs and we get through and play the Vegan sh%t forest green I would love to do it and would love to batter them or just win ahhhhhhh Carma

Player
aldo
I don't wanna go to them again but would it not be great to do it over the forest Vegan sh%t as they did to us

Player
aldo
I would love to do that soooooooooooo much as we have not won an LG in a shed; loads of years, but I would love to give it to Dale and his Vegan loving Club or is it just me MMMMMMMMMM

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Normally I would say if you could guarantee it then I’d pick winning at Wembley over winning the league. Although winning the league is fairly special.

Still think though I’d love another day at Wembley if the win could be guaranteed!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would prefer winning a league title to another trip to Wembley. We have been to Wembley ten times but have not won a title since 1938.

If we ended up in the play offs it would actually feel something of a failure. This squad is easily good enough to go up automatically.

We would be under a lot of pressure in the play offs as well, rather than being underdogs like we were in 2019, and I don't think it would be an enjoyable experience.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I would prefer winning a league title to another trip to Wembley. We have been to Wembley ten times but have not won a title since 1938.

If we ended up in the play offs it would actually feel something of a failure. This squad is easily good enough to go up automatically.

We would be under a lot of pressure in the play offs as well, rather than being underdogs like we were in 2019, and I don't think it would be an enjoyable experience.
Completely agree and automatic would be a great feeling!

Player
aldo
I would love to win the LG it would be amazing as I have never seen us do it and all of our fans have never seen it unless your very old

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I would love to win the LG it would be amazing as I have never seen us do it and all of our fans have never seen it unless your very old
I'd love to know if there is anyone alive who remembers Rovers only FL championship win in 1938. They would have to be in their nineties now.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Top 3 all won Bolton won bug game for us on Wednesday

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes not a great set of results for us today. Now 5 points off top albeit with a game in hand or two

Player
Manager
John King
Yes not a great set of results for us today. Now 5 points off top albeit with a game in hand or two
Cheltenham are at home to Barrow on Tuesday, so could be eight by the time we play next.

However, it is still mathematically in our own hands with plenty of games to play.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It’s hard to think of a much worse set of results at the top end of the table. If we go up, it will require continual positive play from Rovers, we cannot rely on cock-ups from those around us.

Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
On the positive side, there is now 'daylight' between the top 7 and 8th place. Also in the next two Saturdays FGR v Bolton , and Cambridge v Carlisle, Morecambe v Cheltenham, Cambridge v FGR, Cheltenham v Salford, and Bolton/ Morecambe have played two more games than Tranmere. And on 2nd April Cheltenham v Tranmere - a real 6 pointer. Also, Cambridge v Morecambe. So reasons to be positive because all around the top 8, there will be points lost - hopefully not for Tranmere !

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Can't get hung up on being Champions or playing and winning the play-offs, the critical thing is making to and staying in the automatic spots. Despite todays set of disappointing results, most of which could have been predicted, the outcome remains very much in our own hands. We must try not to let tomorrow's game deflect us from a positive path ahead starting at Grimsby on Wednesday, which in my view is way more important.

Player
Manager
John King
There will be plenty twists and turns yet, I wouldn't get too hung up on results for teams near the top. We just need take care of our own business.
We are further adrift of top spot, but if we win on Wednesday night we are one point behind the automatic places with games in hand. Not a great deal has really changed.

Player
aldo
we have 3 games on Cambridge two on Bolton and will be even more after Tuesday, so if we are not too far off we will be o=in a good place