• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Junior Brown...

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
...joins on loan from Fleetwood until the end of the season.

A 24 year old pacey/tricky attacking right winger by all accounts who was Fleetwoods top scorer last season in L2.

A bit of a surprise that Fleetwood have loaned him out given he has featured 31 times this season and they are around the play offs.

Kennedy's return to Everton / Robbos lack of fitness / Bell Baggies injury & and Kirby's inconsistency has meant this signing kind of makes sense. Lets hope it works out.

Player
Goodison
Hopefully a decent signing and it's nice to see the club/McMahon attempting to address the issue of wingers for the rest of the season, by signing him on loan until the end rather than for a month.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I do also find it odd they have loaned him out if he's been such an instrumental player. We do need something on the left after Kennedys departure so let's hope he cuts the mustard. Crucial time of the season now.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is good to sign a player who is proven at first team level rather than having to take another gamble on a youngster. Given the unusual circumstances of this deal I wonder if we are considering signing him permanently in the summer ?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
He sounds a bit like an Akpa Akpro type, had a good last season, but seems to divide their support, although the negatives seem more for attitude than ability. I presume this means that we won't be getting Kennedy/Petersson back at any point. Will reserve judgement until I see the lad in action, but it seems to address an area where through illness and injury we were lacking.

Wonder if he'll start or come off the bench.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I would say he will start on Saturday as has been playing regular football, would think if we stay up we will probably sign him in the summer

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Given the unusual circumstances of this deal I wonder if we are considering signing him permanently in the summer ?
That's what I was thinking. At least he has the opportunity to impress till the end of the season.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Junior Brown seems to have fallen out of favour at Fleetwood. He has not featured even on the bench recently and last appeared as a sub in the JPT area final. I agree he's probably on his way out and is being given a chance to find a new club. Fleetwood have signed a couple of players on loan recently and perhaps this move also helps to balance the books. On the face of it, signing a League Two reserve team player is strange. He has never played in League One, but we have to give him a chance. He looks to be a player who has had unfulfilled promise. Maybe John Mac can get the best out of him.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
He has never played in League One, but we have to give him a chance. He looks to be a player who has had unfulfilled promise..

Fleetwood are one of the wealthiest and most ambitious clubs in the division below, so the fact he has not played in League One does not necessarily mean a great deal. I would imagine that a number of Fleetwood's players are on more money than our average wage. Plus he is only 24.

From what I have read there does not seem much doubt that Brown has ability - we have apparently tracked him since Les Parry's time in charge - more a concern regarding his temperament, as has been commented above.

Last edited:

andrewesq

Faith Light Strength
Player
Billy Woods
If he produces a few decent performances between now and the season end he could be instrumental in keeping us up, however if he adds to our red card tally and starts being silly it could backfire on us!

Player
Backayogo
It might not be attitude on the field. He could be a moaner or a stirrer. Clubs tend to offload these type as in any other job really. Never mind that let's hope he can get them crosses him.