• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Jonesey to Shrews

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Mike Jones has joined Shrewbury for a month on loan today. I think this is a good move. The lad isn't getting a look in at the moment with the first team, but he's a good little prospect and if he's going to gain some experience and play at a decent level, he should come back more ready to challenge for a place in the Rovers starting XI.

Good luck to the lad.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I hope there is a recall clause in place though as our squad is thin enough as it is and it sounds like he is one of the youngsters who could come up and get in the 1st team.

M

Matthew The Rover

Joins up with John McMahon then who loved him last year. Shame he's not playing in the first team at Tranmere but some good experience I suppose.

He better come back

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Can't understand why he hasn't been on our bench lately. It might concentrate Chris Shuker's mind if he didn't realise he was an automatic choice, regardless how he was playing. Not sure about this at all.

Player
Morrisey
Ever the optimist Boz. Can't see it doing any harm. We seem to have strong links with Shrewsbury. There is some very good football being played in League two and this wont do him any harm what so ever.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
alot of potential in that player he deserves some football. so hope he does well at shrews thne can come back confidence high, more experienced ready to be played more in the TRFC line-up.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Agreed. I think he shows potential, and instead of him sitting on the bench, it'll be good for him to get competitive games under his belt. Going to keep an eye on him, see how he gets on at the Shrews. I hope he does well for them. It may open up Ronnie's eyes!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I see Mike has made an early impression, came on at half time for the Shrews and scored! Well done Mike! Hope to see you back at Rovers doing the same very soon =D>

R

ryan_trfc

i totally agree, i really like the look of jones and he settled in really well in the shrewsbury team playing well and scoring on his debut. ryan