• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Jim Magilton Sacked

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I'm disappointed that Ipswich would show Magilton the door. He's an upstanding kinda guy, who's been consistent over the last few years keeping Ipswich competitive in the Championship and building the club for the future. It's sad that the modern (money/media) game punishes that type of manager, in favour of flash-in-the-pan managers, designer managers.

What do you lot think?

TRFC_Ian

Player
Aldo
They have got a new Chief Exec - Simon Clegg the former British Olympics chief. They have got big ideas and they probably want a big name manager who will throw money at trying unsuccessfully to get them promoted. Magilton was never going to be given a chance. It ll be the usual suspects - Glenn Hoddle, Bryan Robson etc

I dont know how long it will take these clubs to realise it just doesnt work. Maybe when QPR get relegated next year?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I agree with both posts. Now look who's been appointed? I'll bet Roy Keane gets all the transfer money Jim Magilton didn't. But he won't show the loyalty Magilton did. Even if he succeeds, he'll be off like a shot to a bigger club.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Can't agree more than with what you guys have already said. He did a decent job but they're looking at getting a bigger profile to attract the TV cameras and other media to the games, to attract allegedly bigger named players etc in a bid to make the Premier League.

Jim Magilton did a decent job, be interesting to see how Keane does but if he doesn't do that well will he just walk out on them as he did at Sunderland? Probably.