• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Jester vs Tranmere

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I gather that alcohol will be on sale IN the ground for this game, apparently Chester are giving it a go on a trial basis in their pre-season fixtures. I think that's a great idea, I mean alcohol is served in the premier league in hospitality boxes etc and it's served in rugby stadiums and in cricket grounds. So I really hope that the trial goes well for them and the fans of all teams set an example to prove to the silly health and safety boffins that football fans can have a drink in safety, along the same lines as we can stand in safety.

I mean it is ridiculous. You can't stand on your legs, that's not safe! What if you fall over! The solid concrete floor of this stadium might cave in if you stand on it!! Much safer sitting down. And a drink!! You're of legal age, in possession of enough money to pay for a drink, as you would have in a bar, restaurant or pub, but you CANNOT be trusted to drink your drink at a football ground, you might forget how to swallow and choke and die!!! Can't have that on our watch...

ANYWAY, I support what Chester are doing - club run by their own fans, make that supporters (literally supporting their club) - and I hope that none of our Tranmere ''fans'' spoil it for them by getting silly on a whiff of a fizzy bottle of lager.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The article I read in the Chester Chronicle didn't make it clear if this facility would be extended to away fans. Can't say I'm that bothered, enjoy a drink before the game, but not sure I'd take advantage of this if it applied. Those football grounds where you can get a drink are often pricey and the alcohol is uninspiring.

Is anyone going to this? Will be interesting to see what team we put out, but because of local rivalry more than another friendly. So we don't want a repeat of last year's defeat.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I'll be there against my better judgement

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I'm planning to go on Tuesday. Out of interest, does anyone know which of next weekend's games (Prestatyn or Colwyn Bay) is likely to feature the first team ? Possibly there will be a mixture of first teamers and reserves in both matches ?

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Am going to Chester I posted the name of a Brazilian trialist who is supposedly going to feature.

It could be a very lively evening.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
oh well plenty of cutting edge then in the goal department-post cresswell and dale jennings

we could,nt score with them in the team....and now

we can,t afford second rate players wages wtf is going on i.e raven etc...

sounds like we could,nt. attract a player from heswall let alone anywhere else...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
chill out amplesou, there were a fair few trailists last night and it's all about experimenting with different players. still a lot of chopping and changing to do.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I thought it was a poor performance last night, which does not concern me greatly given that we subbed nine players at half time and had half a dozen youngsters and trialists playing.

More concerning was the fact that none of the trialists impressed me, and we persisted in playing with a lone striker in both halves. Hopefully the lattter was just down to Enoch's absence, and there are still plans to play two up front.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm not that concerned at this stage either. From what I've read elsewhere, there were encouraging performances from Coughlin, Power and Vaulks, although a surprise given our lack of firepower that Cole Stockton wasn't given a run-out rather than remaining unused on the bench.

Slightly puzzling was Les giving a game to David Raven, who's training with us, but we can't afford to sign. By all accounts he did ok, playing partly in central defence(?), but given that he won't be joining us, wouldn't Les have learned more giving someone else who we can fund an opportunity?

Status
Not open for further replies.