• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

James Vaughan

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Story in the paper we're trying to sign James Vaughan from Everton on loan. Anyone know anything about him???

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Is he the lad who beat Shrek's youngest Everton scorer record, but has spent much of the time injured?

Ally

Player
Aldo
Yes. This would be a massive coup. He broke into the E***ton side and scored a decent Premiership goal to make him the youngest scorer at age 7 1/2 or something.

Anyhoo, get him in. Now. What have we got to lose?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
He looked very promising the season before last, been injured for a year but scored on his return against Liv reserves on Tuesday.

It won't happen til next week, if indeed there's any truth in it...:roll:

C

championship_here_we_come

Yes. This would be a massive coup. He broke into the E***ton side and scored a decent Premiership goal to make him the youngest scorer at age 7 1/2 or something.

age 7 1/2 fook me tahts young how old is he now 9??

lol

it was on radio city this mornign then this afternoon we are 1 of 20 clubs after him, basically we have no chance

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
It looks unlikely as there is bound to be Championship clubs among those 20 clubs and Everton would obviously rather he plays at a higher level than League One so would favour him going to a Championship club. Although if he makes it clear he wants to stay local for now then we have a chance!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
We need someone and if we could get this kid it would be a coup.As much as I like Davies, he didn't look like he can last a competitive 90 minutes last night vs Vale, so we need an extra bod while the other lads get fit again

i hear he doesnt want to move to far from the area as he is addicted to sayers pasties and ring douhgnuts!!!!!

greggs and peters bakery just simply have to much meat content in theirs!!!

so maybe we will be lucky and he'll sign for us!

:lol:

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Well he did sign for us … 13 years later! A nice little piece on Football Focus when he scored on debut for Everton to become EPL's youngest scorer on 10/04/05 - 15 years yesterday. Let's hope that he gets the chance to maintain his recent (?!) excellent form and keep us up!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Well he did sign for us … 13 years later! A nice little piece on Football Focus when he scored on debut for Everton to become EPL's youngest scorer on 10/04/05 - 15 years yesterday. Let's hope that he gets the chance to maintain his recent (?!) excellent form and keep us up!
He has been absolutely vital to us and we need to bust a gut to hold on to him. His impact was bigger than Cook's, which not many of us would have expected.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Vaughan took a little time to settle in, but once he did acclimatise has been invaluable. What are our prospects of keeping him? Didn’t he sign for 2 years at Bradford, so still under contract.

I’m a bit puzzled as to why Cookie’s return didn’t work out as well as expected. Might he get further opportunities if the season does resume?

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I’m a bit puzzled as to why Cookie’s return didn’t work out as well as expected. Might he get further opportunities if the season does resume?
His great seasons for us were at a significantly lower level and, despite a decent season for Walsall, he doesn't seem to have improved since he left us. Perhaps it shouldn't be too surprising and there were over-expectations. Both Vaughan and Ferrier have been massively more effective than Cook during our current run.

Player
Manager
John King
His great seasons for us were at a significantly lower level and, despite a decent season for Walsall, he doesn't seem to have improved since he left us. Perhaps it shouldn't be too surprising and there were over-expectations. Both Vaughan and Ferrier have been massively more effective than Cook during our current run.
I still think Cook will score goals for us at this level given time and patience. He is a good player and has been prolific at every club he has played at. However, he seemed to be struggling for match fitness which has been a recurring theme in his career. Personally, I am still not totally convinced by Ferrier, although he has been a good foil for Vaughan.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ferrier just isn’t as consistent. He can be a handful at times but he can also be anonymous. Frustrating as there’s a good player in there.

Player
Manager
John King
Vaughan took a little time to settle in, but once he did acclimatise has been invaluable. What are our prospects of keeping him? Didn’t he sign for 2 years at Bradford, so still under contract.

Vaughan still has two years left on his contract at Bradford. They have changed managers since loaning him to us, so the new boss might want to keep him unfortunately.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I would not be surprised if we could have signed Woodyard, Cook and Vaughan permanently during the last transfer window. I expect the reason we didn't was that they are on high wages which would be unaffordable if we went down. This way is risk free, except that if we do stay up, we may have lost our chance of signing them.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Although we signed them too stay up so if we do stay up then we start again and hope we can attract players of similar calibre otherwise we will be in the same position next season.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Although we signed them too stay up so if we do stay up then we start again and hope we can attract players of similar calibre otherwise we will be in the same position next season.
This is true and it is possible that the landscape may have changed somewhat if we stay up and start again in L1. The financial "rankings" of the teams could possibly shift as may the remuneration expectations of players. There will be many "adjustments" through all areas of life when the pandemic is eventually under control.