• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

James Norwood

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
He's clearly going for the money. Otherwise, why swap on League One club for another? I'd be willing to bet we finish above Ipswich next season.

ADD

Player
Norwood
I don't begrudge Nors a lucrative move one bit - he needs to maximise his income over next few years for sure - my only disappointment is that he is not going to a Championship club but a L1 rival, tho yes they may well go up next season I suppose

Reactions: Ian
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am not sure how anyone could begrudge Nors this move after what he has done for us. He will reportedly earn £1.65 million over three years, and no lower division footballer could turn that deal down. Although we could technically finish above Ipswich, they are a bigger club than us and it is a great move for him for professional reasons, not just financially. Good luck James.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Life changing money with wages and signing on fee, will be hard to see him at tranmere with Ipswich but good luck james thanks for 4 great years

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Great move for him and well deserved. He's been tremendous for us and I hope it works out for him. It's a shame the club don't get any money for him though.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Have to be grateful for all he's done to get us where we are now. From a Rovers perspective, disappointed he might be scoring against us next season, financially you can't blame him for moving on, but unsure that Ipswich, if that's where he is headed, will find it that easy going straight back up.

drwhoman

Interesting article in the Guardian on EFL2 team of the season. James is obviously in it but no other Rovers players! Day in goal. Only MM as Manager! The team also includes Mayor who has been mentioned here. Bury are in all sorts of financial strife. Owe 4m apparently. Looks like administration for them and a twelve point penalty next season perhaps? Would be at the bottom with Bplton for a few weeks as they latter are already on a twelve point penalty.

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
Good luck to James, he has worked so hard to improve over the last few years and it is brilliant that he is now being rewarded for that hard work. A 3 year deal will take him to 31, so if he can make some life changing money for those 3 years then good for him.

I feel grateful that he helped us get to where we are, a true legend!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I am not sure how anyone could begrudge Nors this move after what he has done for us. He will reportedly earn £1.65 million over three years, and no lower division footballer could turn that deal down. Although we could technically finish above Ipswich, they are a bigger club than us and it is a great move for him for professional reasons, not just financially. Good luck James.
Nors owes us nothing and thinking about it, it's quite a shrewd move. He will be confident about playing just one level up and maybe feels Ipswich have more chance of getting into the Championship than we do. I'm not so sure. But basically, we could not compete with the money offered. If we could, I'm sure he would have stayed.

Brightonian

Player
Ian Goodison, James Norwood
Like everyone else sorry to see him go but truly grateful for his magnificent contribution to our revival. Like to thanks James for his total dedication and wish him every success and happiness in his new career challenge and life down in East Anglia.

James will richly deserve legend status at TRFC after he dragged us over the line of the playoff semis last season and scored the winner at Wembley. His goals this season have turned us from an average mid table outfit finding their feet to achieving the glory of another promotion.

He has been the epitomy of hard work and continuous development pays off. He has always chased, harried and worked hard but I will take some solace from the player he has become now to the promising player that arrived 4 years ago: a good recent example would be his one on one chip over the keeper to score at Colchester a few weeks back.

In any career it sometimes is wise to take on a new challenge, leave on a high and not let an opportunity slip by but never more so in the precarious world of a professional footballer.

Thanks for everything James - you will be a very difficult act to follow!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wouldn't this be great.. Although I think this is based on lots of Chinese whispers, friends of friends and some general guesswork.
Also, he says they met in Wetherspoons. Haha, well it's good to keep dreaming!

Last edited:
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think the Ipswich move will be announced as soon as Nors is back from holiday.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Sadly, I agree.

Player
aldo
yes i think so but we move on some one will come in . we will always love the lord and he is a legend but no one player is bigger than the club if we could give him what he wants he would stay but we have to live with in our means . we cant do a bury or a bolton to name just two there are others who cant pay there wages .